X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much do you make an hour?

Originally posted by freddy View Post
    Well I could go into along story explaining that perticular job, but why bother. your just a consultant wanna bee. Could not make a good living in construction or no good at it, and now your just bitter that a few other shops are making money . by the way, Go get a real job.
    You are being rude to an extremely intelegent and articulate individual who has done a great deal for others.

I will not waste energy on you.

Childsplay freddy,just suck it up and better yourself

Comment

Adam,

Thank you for the kind words but I just consider the source. A review of freddy's other post makes me believe he is missing something.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Adam,

Thank you for the kind words but I just consider the source. A review of freddy's other post makes me believe he is missing something.

Mark
        OHHHH-HO-HO

I would love to say so many things to the MISSING thing I can hardly keepa hold on my thoughts

Nah,I'll keep the board clean.

Good luck freddy.

Comment

The wart hog head doesn't use flails, blades or saws that could get tangled in roots. It uses nothing but good old high pressure water to destroy roots.

No need for reverse.

As to your masterplumbers.com article, Your little pressure washers might be "for soft blockages", but a real waterjet WILL cut roots. Your soft blockages only idea is grossly inaccurate. Do you still throw away your speed rooter cables when you get a kink? YOu gotta get with the times man. I could splice a 3/4" cable in the field when I was 16.

As for "Vactors" I bought a VacCon combination 4500± CFM three stage fan
          2000 psi @ 80 gpm for working in that crap hole called new orleans.

Dec 13, 2006 made one year since I left and I still haven't gotten paid. God bless FEMA. YOur girl Hillary wants to build the poor people of NOLA a 3.3 million dollar monument, but the fed won't pay their bill.

As to the 10 gpm machine cleaning a 36" inch line, what are you smoking?

Much too little flow from your machine to CLEAN such a large pipe(in a reasonable amount of time), unless it was a high flow drain line and the standing water behind the blockage scoured the pipe clean after you made a hole in it.

As to being your BEST FAN(?), I've read more accurate articles with better grammar, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I was just letting everyone know what to expect when "the kid" started his bellowing.

Just for the record your aren't the only LMP in the world GUY.

You think Thompson is the guy? C'mon Syl, I know that new thoughts hurt your already lead fumed brain, but we need a President that will stand for America, not foreign interests. Also Ron Paul would abolish the IRS and stop "borrowing" money from the world bank that we can print ourselves.

I know that Fred has the blessings of Zion, but let's watch our own interest, OK PAL.
          Last edited by ChrisConnor; 08-27-2007, 08:12 PM. Reason: nli;narnnsasvaseefg

Comment

Tieger,

This is a good thing that you have found a way to separate the fool(corperations) from his(their) money.Your salesman skills are off the charts.Mine are the worst and need a great deal of improvement.

There is plenty of profit in what I charge hourly.I agree with some others I could go as high as $100.00 an hour and be under the average hourly rate charged in my community.But I'm not confident in that move yet.

Tieger what do you want here,Why are you here.You are more than welcome to bring your years of plumbing knowledge and give us a hand helping others.But something is starting to go sour here.It sometimes gets this way when we talk about money.

Welcome to the forum,I hope you and I enjoy your stay here

Adam

Comment

Tieger, I think I figured it out (yes, you are that transparent) you're a genius in your own mind. I applaud your efforts for ripping off your customers and thinking of ways to justify your "talents". Your talent with the text is only rivaled by the sheer stupidity of freddy. You seem to think the money in your pocket and not the character within makes you a man. Sadly mistaken. Chris was right, you do like to antagonize. You've managed to respond to every reply to you to get more attention. Don't waste your time on this one. You are a waste of time and this is the last 5 minutes I will devote to an individual such as yourself. I suggest others do the same.

Ben
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tieger plumbing
                Hi Fred, I honestly cannot understand why someone who has a trade and really marketable skill is willing to work for less money then someone working at a fast food store.
                Plumbing, heating, drain cleaning are professions many of which do require an apprenticeship and we should be compensated for our expertise.

This self hate is not going to cost me anything in this stage of my life as I made it already and now look at this as a hobby and have a blast doing it.

Even now some guy is advertising in my area "sewer and drains cleaned for $49.99"

Yet today I started at 9 AM finished by 1 PM and charged $1,600 for water jetting and snaking and was told to come back and do the other side of the building tomorrow.

The real problem as I see it many,many plumbers and drain guys are really talented in doing the work but have no idea how to price a job for their skills.

Today I did two 4" floor drains and two service sinks (slop sink) stoppages using a 3/4" snake to open the floor drain lines and the Rigid Jetter to scour them 1350 indoors and 2200 out doors and a 3/8 hand held snake to remove rags etc from the slop sink line.

Why people knock someone not afraid to charge is beyond reasoning as the public decides who they want to work for them.

Not everyone wants to drive a yugo I learned let my accounts say your charge to much and call someone else if they felt the price is not worth the quality I try to give.

This new account I took away from a franchise drain cleaning company what's fair is fair they went into plumbing so plumbers should go into drain cleaning.

My selling point to take the roto guy out was meeting the building owner and explaining "no one but no one knows more about sewers and drains then the masters who install them and my vast training is in valuable to keeping your systems working properly.

I showed him my Masters licenses he asked the roto guy how much training he had and he looked down and said a few weeks

Now he could have stayed with the franchise but decided to take the small shop owner @$400 per hr as he found over kill was a lot cheaper in the long run

What I do consider a crook is an over priced stumblebum who has no clue to how to do the jobs properly even if it is only using an auger to clear a toilet stoppage.

Another thief is the guy who robs a better life from his own family thinking he is not worth the money he is charging and thus he is selling himself short and taking a better life away from his wife and children.

I really would love to be the highest priced plumber / drain cleaner in NYC and work one hr a week for $10,000 instead of schlepping a Jetter and a 3/4" drum snake for chump change of $400 per hr.

Soon I may give myself another raise....
                You know what...this "self hate" is being brought onto you by YOU.. You make yourself out to be Donald Trump of plumbing and drain cleaning..WHO CARES!!! If you want to charge $1000 an hr for a camera, go for it..I hope you can look yourself in the mirror and feel good about yourself.. I know that if you came into my neck of the woods and charged those prices...i would be totally happy..for 1, you would get laughed out of here, for 2, i would be doubling my business....Thats great that you can charge $1600 for 4hrs worth of work...better be a hefty warranty with it though...but did you video the lines to make sure they are clean???? did you offer a preventive maint. program???? What are your warranty lenghts im curious???? I for one dont care what you charge, or who you have dinner with...or how much you think we should charge...everyone is different...But ill tell you what, i wont take you serious with all this nonsense, the way you talk about yourself, you should be king of drain cleaning..if you have so much knowledge..please share it with us..tell us how you got some of these drains open...as you can see im pretty new here, but alot of these guys are great...some very knowlegable, i take advice, i give advice...i dont brag to them about the people i talk to or have dinner with, or that im driving a 120,000 vehicle..good for you....Thats all im going to say about this...if you want to share some knowledge...other then prices..im all ears...until then im done with this thread

Greg
                Last edited by Drain Medic; 08-27-2007, 08:47 PM.
                The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  Tieger, I think I figured it out (yes, you are that transparent) you're a genius in your own mind. I applaud your efforts for ripping off your customers and thinking of ways to justify your "talents". Your talent with the text is only rivaled by the sheer stupidity of freddy. You seem to think the money in your pocket and not the character within makes you a man. Sadly mistaken. Chris was right, you do like to antagonize. You've managed to respond to every reply to you to get more attention. Don't waste your time on this one. You are a waste of time and this is the last 5 minutes I will devote to an individual such as yourself. I suggest others do the same.

Ben
                  DANG GEAR,

The old days of street fighting still shows some teeth

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post

Ben

Ben,

You sure we are not related?

Comment

WOW more punches being thrown here than the 1st round of 'Marvelous' Marvin Hagler and Tommy 'The Hit Man" Hearns 1985 fight in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        WOW more punches being thrown here than the 1st round of 'Marvelous' Marvin Hagler and Tommy 'The Hit Man" Hearns 1985 fight in Vegas.
                        OH YEAH, well pull your pants up and your upper lip down. You are an emBAREassment to our trade.

just kidding - Mark

Comment

Oh Sh3t!!

I just checked the active user list.Big daddy's in the house,Everyone quiet.

Comment

I have actually not been on the site today but I do admit to having a very clever cat. I guess I will have to start locking my CPU to prevent him from posting.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Tieger plumbing

The US Jet is a great machine no doubt about it BUT the largest sewer I have cleaned thus far was only 36" so the Jet max did a great job.

If your a drain professional why not go with O' Brian 7040 SC or a Vactor

Remember I am a Master plumber/ LMFSPC/ heating thus drain cleaning is more of a hobby as it gets me away from welding /soldering / brazing /pouring lead joints etc. and makes each day different.

I like drain cleaning but I would hate to do it for a living day after day.

Re Wart hog HOW do you put water in reverse once the cutter nozzle gets hung up?

Snakes are IDEAL and meant for hard stoppages and water jetting is for soft stoppages and restoring the lines to full flow (read Master plumbers.com 1999 articles by yours truly) go to google or Yahoo or AOL or any search engine and follow me around Chirs like you normally do my BEST FAN and type in

"Tieger plumbing" then read Master plumbers articles
                              (to bad Chris didnt make the writers list possibly next time)

Snakes, drums, sectionals and Jetters are all tools and like a wrench there is no one tool that fits all.

Besides its borning just jetting hearing the engine and smelling the gas fumes when a drum can get really close up to a trap in doors in a basement.
                              tieger if you knew anything about jetting or warthog nozzles, you might be an interesting person to have a debate with. but since your clueless in jetting and warthog nozzles, it's really a waste of time even explaining it to you. as far as cleaning a 36'' line with your jetmax, the only thing you cleaned was the customers wallet.

i would suggest you stop talking like an expert about drain cleaning and jetting as you are just burying yourself in all your self proclaimed knowledge.

i'm just getting tired of reading your b.s. post on this forum with your b.s. flunkies surrounding you.

please do everyone a big favor and go back to the forum you came from and leave the ridgid forum alone. all you've managed to do is screw things up like what i've seen posted about you and your ways of conducting business.

if you really want to have a debate about drain cleaning and jetting you've found the right person to put you back in your hole you crawled out from. time to rewrite your so called expert articles.

it takes a lot to get some of these guys pissed, but you managed to do it in a record time.

have fun in new york and i'll keep my eyes out for you the next time i see a news story on unscrupulous contractors.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Actually I will be spending some time in Manhattan in November of this year. I may have to check out the plumbing industry in New York while I am there.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X