pricing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pricing

i might take one for the team and take a field trip with the west coast team. robert is probably 5 minutes from there. i'm 30 minutes and adam is 1 hour.

if you guys are up for it, we can do a lunch and learn session.

maybe a mini roundup. but as adam said, these guys are more sales than plumbers. i rather doubt that any of them have a formal education and really know plumbing. to me it sounds more like a sales pitch than a knowledgeable plumber.

not knocking you bossman, but i doubt your a trained hands on plumber. but more of a businessman. i worked for a very successful union new construction plumbing shop for 13 years and the owner knew #'s. he couldn't even change an aerator without screwing it up. he made millions, but because of us. the licensed journeymen union educated plumbers.

i'll talk to the posse and see about the road trip. i'm up for it.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

From Bestline

Forgot my pasword two times today and registered three times. Now the monitor mentor is going to ban be.

Old age is setting in. Maybe that is the reason why.

You can download the software directly from my web site.

Lighten up. You worry to much. This is not the first time I an giving away trade secrets. Not really a secret any more. I didn't start all this. It was the City Girl. You people should never have visited my web site from the beginning. City Girl uses a web site tracker on our web site. She noticed that several people from the forum were looking at the site. She went to the forum and saw the posts about prices and noticed the bashers talking down. She asked if she could put her two cents (sense) into the forum. Why not?

No, we will never ask you for money, we will never ask you to join, nor for your first-born.

I was listening to the Tech Guy on 640 AM yesterday. He was talking about how worthless software is due to the cheap way the internet can send software across the planet.

Are you telling me that, if you had some information I wanted, you have to charge me? You have the opportunity to make millions of dollars the honest way. Use it. Get it out out your head that every successful plumber has to be a crook (won't mention no names) and some of the best things in life may come free.

The software serves my needs. What is the difference who made the software. Suppose you could buy it at a store for $29. Then everyone could have the software. I'm not going to be s selfish jerk and keep it for myself just because I made it.

I've been giving software and information to plumbers for years. I sent many copies to the Plumber's Discussion Group members almost 15 years ago.

Bad part of all of this is; you may not like the software and many plumbers won't take the time to use the software even if they love it.

Bottom line. If you want to improve your business, look at the software instructions and then download MS Access if you don't have it.

Go to Bestlines main page and click on the link Software - Free

Leonard

Comment

?
        Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 06-29-2008, 10:29 PM. Reason: Don't want to know.

Comment

So that you guys know I did check on Bestline Plumbing and they have been in business as licensed plumbing contractors in California since the 70s. Leonard has told you where his software is available for download and has given you his phone number. He has also invited you to call him if you have any questions.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Re: From Bestline

Originally posted by bestline3 View Post
            I didn't start all this. It was the City Girl. You people should never have visited my web site from the beginning. City Girl uses a web site tracker on our web site. She noticed that several people from the forum were looking at the site. She went to the forum and saw the posts about prices and noticed the bashers talking down. She asked if she could put her two cents (sense) into the forum. Why not?

Leonard
            I am not agreeing with this guys business methods; however, I completely agree with this.

This is exactly why I thought it was a bad decision to post other people's websites on here. It is one thing to post your own. But when you randomly post other's websites they will take notice. Then I do feel they have a right to come here and see what others are doing and why they keep going to their site.

This should be a lesson for everyone. Others may also feel they are practicing business contrary to themselves. But these people did not come here soliciting on their own. They felt forum members were showing interest in their business/products by suddenly visiting their site.
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
              I am not agreeing with this guys business methods; however, I completely agree with this.

This is exactly why I thought it was a bad decision to post other people's websites on here. It is one thing to post your own. But when you randomly post other's websites they will take notice. Then I do feel they have a right to come here and see what others are doing and why they keep going to their site.

This should be a lesson for everyone. Others may also feel they are practicing business contrary to themselves. But these people did not come here soliciting on their own. They felt forum members were showing interest in their business/products by suddenly visiting their site.
              Thank you for taking the time to explain to me.I just don't want what they are selling.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                Thank you for taking the time to explain to me.I just don't want what they are selling.
                Me either. But I do understand they feel interest was sparked in their company because of all the people that went to look at their site.
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I'd be more than happy to give an answer on whether I want what they're selling if I could figure out just what that is.

Comment

TRAINING ON HOW TO MARKET AND SELL

This is a link to a lot of free software and other things. It is virus free because I made it. Try the PowerPoint program that teaches the plumbing code.

http://www.box.net/shared/i3tbsnzc4o

Why would we drain cleaning for $49.
                    How do you, honestly, turn a $49 job into thousands of dollars.

To believe what I am going to tell you, it is important that you download
                    the pictures in the folder named 'Pictures 063008.

Make it clear that we never charge a penny more that $49 and if we can't clean the drain we will not charge one penny.

The first part of the answer is this. Ninety-nine percent (99%) of our advertising mentions only drain cleaning. For some mysterious reason a very large percentage of our business is not drain cleaning.

After customers see our low drain cleaning prices, for 35 years, the customer would have to assume that we do other types of plumbing. I hate to install water heaters and we installed 3 water heaters today for $1200 each. These customers called, specifically for a new water heater, and we quoted the price over the phone. No ripping of.

You must look at the pictures to understand this part. On an average day we sell about $15,000. When things are hot we can sell $150,000 in one week and on some single days we will sell over $40,000. Look at the pictures that were taken today. Each picture has a date that was inserted by the camera clock. These pictures were taken by only one plumbing truck crew and we have more similar pictures that were taken by two other crews. For one day, I think we found 5 houses that were flooded or they had at least some type of leak in a pipe.

Big question that is simple to answer. Did we charge these customers $49 to correct their problems? Did we rip the customer off if we charged them more than $49.

We close 95% of the sales we attempt to close. How much did we make today? You figure in out for yourself because all out our prices are posted on our web site. Don't forget to add removing the sewer waste. We charge $1800 to $4200 to remove sewer water.

This is the small picture. You are not ripping people off when we sell them things they need. You need to have a market niche. You need to bee organized. You need tools for selling. You need to have a unique position that your competition can't beat. You have to target the market you want so that you can get the type of customers and the types of jobs you want. You must remain honest and do what you say you are going to do or you will get buried in your own garbage.

I will put the remaining software files on the my web site in a few days. I have programs with templates for writing contracts, a telephone directory, accounts receivable, and a few more.

I have to run. Today is my birthday and I am living proof that not every plumber breaks his back or dies before 58. Every day I am thankful just to be here. Life is short from my point of view, I have two young kids and want to make sure they are well-set when I leave. This is a very cruel world with the taxes we must pay when we leave. You need to make twice as much as you want to survive taxes and other problems. I say this because many plumbers are satisfied just getting by. Then, something happens and they don't have enough. I recommend that if you are going to work and can make a larger profit, without ripping people, then do so.

Leonard

Comment

Hi Leonard, welcome to the forum.
                      Let's start fresh, step off the pulpit, acknowledge a few peers and get to know us.
                      Granted there was a bit of nitpicking at your openly stating prices, but if it works for you...there is no question we (I at least) can learn something from you...I definitely respect the fact that you've been in biz successfully since I was the age of 3 (1970?)...you don't need to inundate us with a lengthy diatribe on how to become successful, you don't need to earn accolades here, your time in the trade does that for you.
                      Save the sales pitch for your customers, be a plumber here, crack a few dumb jokes and join the boys as we pick eachother to pieces and fall over in our chairs laughing at it all.
                      I for one welcome you...as long as you keep it real, I'm all ears on any tips, advice or experience you might be kind enough to part with, as long as you can at least toss the occasional synical wisecrack at me from time to time.

Comment

I talked to Leonard on the phone today and I believe that he wants to legimately help fellow plumbers. I had a friend who's a legitimate hacker take a look at his software and there doesn't seem to be anything dangerous about his software. He just has a different view of things. Talking to him, it seems Leonard started as a businessman and then became a plumber when it was the other way around for most of us(correct me if I'm wrong).

Do not take this as an endorsement, do your own research into his programs and come to your own conclusions. I just wanted to post the good or bad that I found. I will say that for being a salesman, I don't think you (Leonard) introduced yourself the best way(hey I'm a new guy, here's free stuff to download). Maybe easing into introductions, let us get to know kinda thing might have warmed your welcome. BTW Happy Birthday.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

From Bestline

I apologize. You are right.

I am a crazy person on a mad mission and never liked to chat.

Your chatting and comradery is really great. I enjoy reading the joking around and family things.

You are absolutey right. My posts are not social. From now on, I am not going to post information directly to the forum. I will send all information to my web site and send the forum a post when the information is available. Then, only the contractors, who want new ideas, will need to sort through the bull.

I love to argue. My lengthy posts were to clarify why we charge $49 and show you that you can make tons of money without being a rip-off. I believe I was called that at least 4 times or more. I think one member said he was going to tell everyone in the community how Bestline does business. While insulted, I hope he does tell people the truth. The IP address I am currently using is still banned by the forum. How does that make me feel? Should I write a few nice words or elaborate on the fact that we are not a rip-off for charging $49.

Incidentally, if you are not aware, I get around the banned IP address by using a program called Anonymizer. This program sends out a fake IP address. Nobody has the right to know your IP address anyway and you can surf anything and nobody can find you by the IP address.

You are welcome to camp at my place any time and have a few beers. City Girl is gone for the next two weeks so I'm kicking-back. Hell, for all you know, she may be my boss. I better get to work before I get caught on the forum.

Again, I apologize.

Leonard

Comment

Things are a little on edge here. Welcome to the forum, LOL!!
                            Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Fair. Very fair. We all might learn something from you. May not elect to use your system, but might learn enough to add to our own.

And if you elect to stay around, I'm sure you can learn something from others here. Not me of course .

You might then elect to add what you learn to your system.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by bestline3 View Post
                                TRAINING ON HOW TO MARKET AND SELL

This is a link to a lot of free software and other things. It is virus free because I made it. Try the PowerPoint program that teaches the plumbing code.

http://www.box.net/shared/i3tbsnzc4o

Why would we drain cleaning for $49.
                                How do you, honestly, turn a $49 job into thousands of dollars.

To believe what I am going to tell you, it is important that you download
                                the pictures in the folder named 'Pictures 063008.

Make it clear that we never charge a penny more that $49 and if we can't clean the drain we will not charge one penny.

The first part of the answer is this. Ninety-nine percent (99%) of our advertising mentions only drain cleaning. For some mysterious reason a very large percentage of our business is not drain cleaning.

After customers see our low drain cleaning prices, for 35 years, the customer would have to assume that we do other types of plumbing. I hate to install water heaters and we installed 3 water heaters today for $1200 each. These customers called, specifically for a new water heater, and we quoted the price over the phone. No ripping of.

You must look at the pictures to understand this part. On an average day we sell about $15,000. When things are hot we can sell $150,000 in one week and on some single days we will sell over $40,000. Look at the pictures that were taken today. Each picture has a date that was inserted by the camera clock. These pictures were taken by only one plumbing truck crew and we have more similar pictures that were taken by two other crews. For one day, I think we found 5 houses that were flooded or they had at least some type of leak in a pipe.

Big question that is simple to answer. Did we charge these customers $49 to correct their problems? Did we rip the customer off if we charged them more than $49.

We close 95% of the sales we attempt to close. How much did we make today? You figure in out for yourself because all out our prices are posted on our web site. Don't forget to add removing the sewer waste. We charge $1800 to $4200 to remove sewer water.

This is the small picture. You are not ripping people off when we sell them things they need. You need to have a market niche. You need to bee organized. You need tools for selling. You need to have a unique position that your competition can't beat. You have to target the market you want so that you can get the type of customers and the types of jobs you want. You must remain honest and do what you say you are going to do or you will get buried in your own garbage.

I will put the remaining software files on the my web site in a few days. I have programs with templates for writing contracts, a telephone directory, accounts receivable, and a few more.

I have to run. Today is my birthday and I am living proof that not every plumber breaks his back or dies before 58. Every day I am thankful just to be here. Life is short from my point of view, I have two young kids and want to make sure they are well-set when I leave. This is a very cruel world with the taxes we must pay when we leave. You need to make twice as much as you want to survive taxes and other problems. I say this because many plumbers are satisfied just getting by. Then, something happens and they don't have enough. I recommend that if you are going to work and can make a larger profit, without ripping people, then do so.

Leonard
                                My apologies to Leonard and to the Forum for writing such an inflammatory post. While I appreciate Leonard's reported sales capability, I disagree to my very core with Leonard's business philosophy. Nonetheless, I regretted the post from the minute I hit submit... we need a delete button. You will not see another post like that from me.
                                spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Working...
                                X