X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pricing

this is from the local plumber that lives in the same city..

scroll down for the price list

Last edited by ToUtahNow; 06-29-2008, 09:53 AM.

Re: pricing

Weird, all his water heaters are 1250?

I have totally different prices for gas or electric and different sizes. I think my price book has about 20 different water heater prices.

I cetainly would never charge someone 1250 to install a 40 gallon electric heater that costs $250 and takes an hour!
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

At a glance, his prices seem pretty par for the course...except the water heater for $1250, as Service guy noted...there are powervents, indirects, electric, natural vent, LP, oil, tankless...each has a different price which also depends on warranty.
      $1250 for a gravity vent 40 gal might be a bit much, for a 50 gal powervent it's not too bad, depending what he installs.
      I can see customers calling the next ad on the list when they see that price and remember what the neighbor paid for a 30 gal natural vent...or blowing a gasket over "false" advertizing if they want an indirect.

Comment

I like the wedding photo!

Comment

its bold and edgy been done before, everything looks the same over the phone. companys that do this end up shooting themselves in the foot.

Comment

It would be a cold day in hell before I climbed a roof to snake from the VTR.

I think his drain cleaning prices are low. Especially if he is climbing a roof to snake it.

Comment

I agree, the drain prices are too low. 69.00 wouldn't even get my pants on.
              Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                I agree, the drain prices are too low. 69.00 wouldn't even get my pants on.
                I somehow have a feeling we wouldn't want that. . .you to do plumbing without your pants on
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I like how he words it for the toilet prices. Fluidmaster is $120. Fluidmaster and flapper is $240. That's an expensive flapper. If he feels like it, maybe a new handle in that price also. I got a chuckle out of that. I hope his price book has many more categories then his website.

Also, his drain cleaning prices are way low. I never understood why people feel the need to charge less for playing with other peoples waste.

Comment

I can't figure you guys out. One of the last thing in the world I would do is give away my pricing/bids/income, other then to a customer and my wife, well maybe not even her. But you guys are always carrying on about this stuff, here in a forum. Nobody will really have the same pricing, and you all don't have the exact same experience.

Pricing is about, in order to stay in business and have a decent income. We do have to buy our own health insurances, and so many other things. I wish I had someone to tell me what I should charge when I started out. This is what experiences are about. Keeping daily log books, in order to bid more efficiently, knowing exactly what your overhead is, and what it will be and so on and so on.

But the biggest thing is, is demand. With experience comes demand for you and your company. Where as you should be able to charge and pick as the calls come in. When your in demand, that proves you have a great company, pricing is right and quality of workmanship is right on.

Then flat rate jumps back in to the topics, "see" I just did it. But you guys just keep on telling the rest of the world, why you charge and how much. Comparison should maybe be in the chatroom or PM's. Now I'll probably get my ars chewed out for coming in here and asking a stupid question, and here it is.

Why do you always talk about what you charge??????

Besides, theres really no two jobs/situations that are alike.

Ok I'll shut up and go back to the woodbutchers area...
                    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                      I can't figure you guys out. One of the last thing in the world I would do is give away my pricing/bids/income, other then to a customer and my wife, well maybe not even her. But you guys are always carrying on about this stuff, here in a forum. Nobody will really have the same pricing, and you all don't have the exact same experience.

Pricing is about, in order to stay in business and have a decent income. We do have to buy our own health insurances, and so many other things. I wish I had someone to tell me what I should charge when I started out. This is what experiences are about. Keeping daily log books, in order to bid more efficiently, knowing exactly what your overhead is, and what it will be and so on and so on.

But the biggest thing is, is demand. With experience comes demand for you and your company. Where as you should be able to charge and pick as the calls come in. When your in demand, that proves you have a great company, pricing is right and quality of workmanship is right on.

Then flat rate jumps back in to the topics, "see" I just did it. But you guys just keep on telling the rest of the world, why you charge and how much. Comparison should maybe be in the chatroom or PM's. Now I'll probably get my ars chewed out for coming in here and asking a stupid question, and here it is.

Ok I'll shut up and go back to the woodbutchers area...
                      What I can't figure out is why non-pro-plumbers come to the PRO PLUMBING SUB-FORUM only to whine about what we talk about here?

Comment

Oh yeah, and there are 20 different threads in this sub-forum on page 1 and only this one is about pricing. So we are not ALWAYS talking about pricing. But yeah, we do this for money and the subject comes up among us.
                        Last edited by Service Guy; 05-20-2008, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                          What I can't figure out is why non-pro-plumbers come to the PRO PLUMBING SUB-FORUM only to whine about what we talk about here?
                          Yeah I probably deserved that one....
                          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                            Yeah I probably deserved that one....

Comment

[quote=garager;144508]I can't figure you guys out. One of the last thing in the world I would do is give away my pricing/bids/income, other then to a customer and my wife, well maybe not even her. But you guys are always carrying on about this stuff, here in a forum. Nobody will really have the same pricing, and you all don't have the exact same experience.

I agree with The Garager. (<-Sounds like some kind of superhero that whoops *** with a garage door spring)

I think they/we talk about it out of fear. Fear we aren't charging enough or someone else is charging more. Fear we aren't keeping up with the value of our work, knowledge, & service.

What I've tried to get across to people is that what I charge has nothing to do with what they charge. They might charge more, they might charge less. It's none of my business.

And each area is different. Cost of living, insurance, fuel, travel times, population density, etc. I may be able to charge twice what someone else would for the same service. Or vice/versa.

We're all just trying to maximize our business by talking about it sometimes I guess.

J.C.

By the way, not to hijack the thread, how's your health?

Comment

Working...
                              X