Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Logos logos logos

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
    Agreed !

I will "try" to please you and make one for FREE for you in Photoshop if you like,

I am pretty good with photoshop .

Give me your company name , colors you like, and maybe and tell me how you want to be seen and I will whip something up for you

Seriously , I will help you for free,

If anyone else needs a logo, Let me know, I will help you too
    OK, I'll go for it. My truck and business cards are Red, so keep that in mind. I'll let you chose the colors. Business name is....

Bayside Exterior & Interior

This should be interesting, I've never used a logo, because I've never found one I like. Go for it. lets see what cha got.... Heres a picture of my truck, it would go on my topper...

Last edited by garager; 05-21-2008, 09:38 PM.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
      OK, I'll go for it. My truck and business cards are Red, so keep that in mind. I'll let you chose the colors. Business name is....

Bayside Exterior & Interior

This should be interesting, I've never used a logo, because I've never found one I like. Go for it. lets see what cha got.... Heres a picture of my truck, it would go on my topper...

Ok you got it,

Give me about a week and the only reason that long is because this weekend is a holiday and I am traveling to Long Island to visit family so I won't be working much?

Have you ever had any idea of what you would like?

Comment

If I like it when I see, then thats what I wanted. No clue as to what I really like, just not fancy, basic but powerful, maybe. You can take all the time you need, its been 18 yrs and I still don't have one, I guess I'm in no hurry.... Thanks for giving it a go....
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Your logo is your most important part of your business. It is what identifies you. You want something that people will remember your company by.

The best thing to do is come up with a concept or idea that fits your company name. For us we drew up some rough sketches some twenty years ago and then hired a kid in graphic art school to draw up the final idea. I had him draw up about fifty different characters that match the logo character. We use those in varies brochures and ads.

If you go the route of having someone draw up your logo, you absolutely have to have them sign a copyright release form, no matter who does it. Even if its your own employee. Artists can file artistic copyrights on anything they do without your knowledge and then come back in five years when your business takes off and demand royalty money for the use of what they drew up for you. If you need one PM me, I have an iron glad one.

Also do searches on the federal trademark and copyright web sights for any name you come up with, and or logo concept. I did not do this when I first started my company. It turns out just before we went to press on the stationary, business cards etc... we found another comany using the same name, same industry, who had it copyrighted. The last thing you want is someone suing you for infringement. Also do google searches to make sure no one is using anything currently. Keep a file with copies of all your searches. You may need it someday. Common names that show up multiple times do not have to be trademarked or copyrighted, unless someone actually has a copyright on it. However if you come up with something unique then protect it, or at least show that it is being used in service if you don't have the money to go through the legal registration process. Getting business cards, stationary, invoices printed up with your logo protects its use, especially when you do go to finalize the gov. registrations. The main question you will be asked in the application is the initial use date.

When I did mine the information was not on the internet and the only place I could view it was at the Los Angeles Public Library, a 90 mile drive from our office. I spent two weeks there going through book after book after book. Now you can do the same search on the net in about a day.

Here is our logo, the color saturation is a little off on the upload but it gives you an idea of something catchy.

Last edited by Watersurgeon; 05-21-2008, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
            Having trouble choosing, for T-shirts or a sign. 3rd from the left I have seen on other websites.
            I have a great friend fairly close to us that can help you. He works for a large marketing firm near Chi town but does work on the side for cheap.

He created mine and could give you at least 4 ideas to start with.

Let me know if you want his contact info.
            www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Working...
            X