X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advertising question

this is not for the major market guys but for the middle to small market folks. but anyone can and please chime in.

i have the oportunity to do some tv advertising. i can get involved with a "Hurricane Awareness Package" that includes a 2"x2" ad on a Hurricane Tracking Map (aprox 15,000 maps produced) plus 168 :30 sec spots on the local CBS, NBC, & FOX stations (my choice of shows and station) plus 150 Sponsor Tagged Promos (50 on each station). this will be primetime coverage not basic ROS. this is for $1,500. now i will have to produce the TV spot but i already have some ideas and can get it done for under $250.

good idea? bad idea? thoughts and comments are welcome

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: advertising question

If you have the cash, try it. I would.

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
      this is not for the major market guys but for the middle to small market folks. but anyone can and please chime in.

i have the oportunity to do some tv advertising. i can get involved with a "Hurricane Awareness Package" that includes a 2"x2" ad on a Hurricane Tracking Map (aprox 15,000 maps produced) plus 168 :30 sec spots on the local CBS, NBC, & FOX stations (my choice of shows and station) plus 150 Sponsor Tagged Promos (50 on each station). this will be primetime coverage not basic ROS. this is for $1,500. now i will have to produce the TV spot but i already have some ideas and can get it done for under $250.

good idea? bad idea? thoughts and comments are welcome

steve
      I find no value in a limited television presence unless you already have an established presence on TV and are adding to an existing campaign. I have found anything less than $30,000 per year in televidion has a low rate of return. TV just takes too much frequency for a small budget to accomodate. If you can get the map add without TV, that might be worth doing - IMO
      spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

We've never had too much sucess with either TV or radio ads. Naturally, word of mouth is best, but Big, Colorfull lettering on your trucks works pretty well also.
        sigpic

Comment

unless water is pouring thru the house the same time your ad is running and the tv happens to be on and the owner is calm enough to rationally turn his/her attention and focus on your ad in lieu of the impending flood save your money, name recognition/ recall takes a ton of money and air time and people forget real easy, its not like were in the pizza business were you get multiple shots daily most people eat three meals a day, were on an as need basis, and this is only my opinion, spend your money on other tools to help encourage more business, radio and tv suck and suck money with very poor results.

Comment

steve, that's very little money. i guess for a small market it's proportional.

if you need some help with that video, i can mix up some k-60 shakes

you have very little to lose at under $2000 out the door.

i would try

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

If 1500 divded by 100 for the basic job brings in 30 jobs from the spot then you made 1500 and some money and your name being thought of for future work? Does your competion advertize on tv in your market?
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

thanks for the input.

as i said this is a SMALL market with about 50,000 full time residents. a bit more in season but still around 50,000.

there is some competition but not a lot. 2 guys just started up and i know nothing about them except they have a business license. the old timer i think has finally called it quits and the guy that has a big trailer jetter and a Ratech (?) camera. a couple of guys with no license.

while my name is "out there" i want more market share.

the guy with the jetter and camera did some radio spots and i don't think it was very effective. radio is expensive and hit or miss.

i run 2 ads in the local paper and have the phonebook, both have been very good. but again i want MORE name recogition in the market. i think Prime Time on NBC, FOX, & CBS will help with that. a semi captured audience and, i think, a cool spot. i'll post it when done.

aero1 i agree to a point. radio is NOT the way to go. your market it massive compared to here and i would NEVER think to do spot TV there. besides i don't need anymore tools right now.

NH i've already got colorful signs on the van and will be changing that as the logo changes later this year or Q1 next yar.

Rick, thanks for the offer but the spot is very simple; graphics, 3 voices, and killer sound effects.

again thanks for the input.

steve
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
                X