Dodge Sprinter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dodge Sprinter

I thing Aaron91 drove one for service. You might want to ask him. I think they are perfect for service work but I am concerned about the height.

I don't know how you do it in a Astro. Even a full size van would be a big improvement.

Good luck
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I was looking at a used sprinter this week, but the height concerns me (not just rollover, but also low branches and stuff like that) and the fact that even used it costs big $$$. An alternative is a GMC Savana 3500 extended cargo van. It has as much floor space in the back as the sprinter (actually a smidgeon more) but just not the height. Which is almost a good thing. I can't stand up in it, but I can still load it with everything I need.
      The best part is its actually newer and in better shape cosmetically than the used sprinter and costs $6000 less! I haven't decided, but I am leaning towards the 3500 now.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I drive a Chevy 3500 and it's not quite big enough. I average 10-11 mpg (all city driving with the A/C on full). She can carry quite a load. The lease is up soon so maybe a Sprinter is next

The 3500 should be a huge improvement over the Rastro Ran

Comment

vs. the sprinter

Comment

I have always taken the position that I work hard for my money so I work even harder to keep it. Below is the service truck I am currently driving. I spent a little time finding it, drove 90-miles to buy it, bought it in 2005 even though it is a 2004 truck but I paid just under $25,000 for a new 1-ton truck with a utility box.

Mark
            Attached Files
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
              I was looking at a used sprinter this week, but the height concerns me (not just rollover, but also low branches and stuff like that) and the fact that even used it costs big $$$. An alternative is a GMC Savana 3500 extended cargo van. It has as much floor space in the back as the sprinter (actually a smidgeon more) but just not the height. Which is almost a good thing. I can't stand up in it, but I can still load it with everything I need.
              The best part is its actually newer and in better shape cosmetically than the used sprinter and costs $6000 less! I haven't decided, but I am leaning towards the 3500 now.
              Why the 3500? If you're doing only service with maybe the occasional water heater you would be well serviced with the 2500.

Comment

I hear that. I am searching vans all over the region for the 'right deal.' The 3500 extended seems to be the better deal. Its a 2006 with 60K miles, (only one owner, driven for a year and half) priced at only $13,900.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                  Why the 3500? If you're doing only service with maybe the occasional water heater you would be well serviced with the 2500.
                  I can't find any 2500s that are extended.

Comment

Try cars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                      Try cars.com
                      Already have. but thanks. The 2500 regular cargo van might actually be enough, I am just going for as much cargo space as I can.

Comment

Everyone has been extremely helpful. (I even got some PMs about it) I am really lucky to have your advice in this guys.

Comment

Tyman, you got a good memory.

I have been in many different model Sprinters, and by far the 'stretched' dually handles, and rides the best.

I have since left this company, but here are some pictures of how it was set up inside.

Even after it was binned out, and stocked up, this truck got around 22 M.P.G. if I remember correctly.

Toilet, and Lav Supply Tubes, Flexie Gas Connectors, Ice Maker, Dish Washer, and Wash Machine Stainless Steel Flexies. Stainless Steel Toilet, and Lav Flexies are up at the top, notice how many there are cause I hate using them.

This is the pipe area. I was low on copper at the time, as you can see. If you notice, to the right of the picture is part of the sliding door that hides the pipe.
                          Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Aaron, why did they stock such short gas flexi's?

Comment

Holy Cr@p! Aaron there's enough PVC there to rough in a couple 3 bath houses?

I didn't know you did that much rough in work

Comment

MasterPlumb- That's all I've really needed in terms of gas flexie's.

Bill- Thats not much compared to the dually I used to have. In that truck pictured, it was too tight to fit any 4" in there, so I could only stock 3", 2", and 1-1/2". Just because I stocked the pipe, doesn't mean there was houses for it to go into.
                                Last edited by Aaron91; 06-15-2008, 08:24 AM.
                                Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Working...
                                X