X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dodge Sprinter

Aaron, why didn't you show the picture of the cab with the cute booster seat inside?
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
      Aaron, why didn't you show the picture of the cab with the cute booster seat inside?
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

service guy, i had a 1995, 3500 gmc that my uncle still drives.

buy the 3500 as the brakes and suspension are larger. remember this is a plumbing truck, not a flower delivery van.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Update: I decided to pass on the Sprinter, and bought the 2006 GMC Savana 3500 extended van. The cargo area is over 10' long! It has a 6.0 litre V8 thats guzzles gas but at least I can load it down with my shop tools and parts and even haul a trailer if needed.
          I'll post pictures as soon as I get it stocked up and detailed with my logo.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

What was the deciding factor in not getting the sprinter?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The Sprinter just seem too top heavy.
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                The sprinter just seem too top heavy.
                Yes but that's why she wears cleats.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Its top-heavy, has smaller wheels, smaller brakes, etc. The GMC 3500 is a real workhorse.
                  But the deciding factor was price. The sprinter is overpriced imo. (they are all actually made by Mercedes Benz, so its no wonder.)

Comment

New GMC 3500: $23,000-$32,000

New Sprinter 3500: $40,000-$43,000

Comment

Nice choice! You will be much happier. I am waiting for the pics.
                      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I have a feeling that these little guys are going to become very popular next year especially with the gas prices.

Comment

Originally posted by mdm View Post
                          I have a feeling that these little guys are going to become very popular next year especially with the gas prices.
                          Maybe, they look great for small loads, but the cargo space and loading capacity are pathetic for a service or delivery truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                            Update: I decided to pass on the Sprinter, and bought the 2006 GMC Savana 3500 extended van. The cargo area is over 10' long! It has a 6.0 litre V8 thats guzzles gas but at least I can load it down with my shop tools and parts and even haul a trailer if needed.
                            I'll post pictures as soon as I get it stocked up and detailed with my logo.
                            NO! I don't think you realize how much gas that 6.0 uses(I have one)it's a gas hog big time. Our monthly gas bill is a killer, we are going to a small pick-up truck because of it. Just think of this, do you really need to carry all your tools and supplies ALL THE TIME? Would it be so bad that on some jobs you might have to go back to the shop and stock up? My competition isn't' with the big expensive national chains it's more with the small guy who quotes on the phone and my property managers.

The way I see it is to be competitive, you have to curb your costs and raise your prices moderately.

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
                              Just think of this, do you really need to carry all your tools and supplies ALL THE TIME?
                              YES. I cover a decent size territory and a wide variety of plumbing repairs, drain-cleaning and services. I need my entire workshop with me all the time in order to make money.

Would it be so bad that on some jobs you might have to go back to the shop and stock up?
                              Yes, that's what I was doing with Astro and it was huge killer of both gas and TIME. Very inconvenient to both me AND my customers.

Comment

Gotta go with Carl on this one. My friend that drives a Sprinter daily said it was top heavy and the brakes were horrible. Remember where he lives. Many hills and all of his gear pushing him around.

All of the vehicles we need to get our job done efficiently get poor MPG. I am aware of what the Sprinter gets vs. the 3500 Van.

But for each individual person you have to put in what you need/want, the cost between the two vehicles vs. tax benefits and investments for difference. (did that make sense?) Plus the yearly fuel costs.

Often, higher priced, higher MPG diesel vehicles don't pay out.

Might be different for each person. Either way, enjoy the new ride.

(Betcha' in a year you're gonna want even MORE room )

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X