Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dodge Sprinter

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
    My competition isn't' with the big expensive national chains it's more with the small guy who quotes on the phone and my property managers.

The way I see it is to be competitive, you have to curb your costs and raise your prices moderately.
    It sounds like I have a different niche than you. So for you, going with the more economic truck may be the wiser choice.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
      YES. I cover a decent size territory and a wide variety of plumbing repairs, drain-cleaning and services. I need my entire workshop with me all the time in order to make money.

Yes, that's what I was doing with Astro and it was huge killer of both gas and TIME. Very inconvenient to both me AND my customers.
      Best of luck!

Comment

You might want to get a hockey puck lock. I saw a guy last night at HD park next to my truck, get halfway out his car when he saw the lock and sped off. He might of forgotten something but it seemed kinda weird to me. Lots of people won't mess with the lock due to it's size.
        Attached Files
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post

Anyone have a sprinter, and how do you like it?
          A relative has one and he loves it for deliveries. I'd like one myself. In a few years, I might get something like it for pick ups and deliveries. It can fit a pallet (or two) from forklift without a problem

I have Dodge van that's okay -- had it for ever, and a Ford short bed truck for hauling over 5000 lbs at a time. Killing us on diesel fuel, however.

Comment

I have a 2007 Diesel Sprinter that I am EXTREMELY happy with. It has a 13 ft cargo bed, 72" interior height....needless to say I can fit 4 old water heaters in it while I still have their replacements in the back...ready to go. A common occurence if you don't wanna go to the scrap yard year EVERY day. Don't let the 3.0 liter diesel fool you either, it has PLENTY of torque...even though it's usually around 8,000 lbs loaded. SO far I'm getting around 16 mpg, which isn't bad considering the weight...and it will get somewhat better aroung 40,000 miles as most diesels do. I was originally gonna get a Chevy diesel with a KUV body....so glad I didn't.

Comment

Working...
            X