X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Sprinter

My small plumbing service business has survived the very risky first year and I am soon going to outgrow my little Chevy Astro cargo-van. I have been researching work vans and I really like the Dodge Sprinter!
    I don't like regular cargo vans because they are not quite big enough, and I know I'll quickly outgrow them just like I did the Astro. (Chevy express, etc.) I don't like box trucks because they are too bulk and hard to maneuver around these narrow, curvy, steep mountain roads here.
    The Dodge sprinter is JUUUUST RIGHT! Expensive, but they get a ton of miles out of them.

Anyone have a sprinter, and how do you like it?
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Re: Dodge Sprinter

do a serch here i belived these were talked about quite abit last year(multi page thread(s))
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

We have 2, so far so good. No problems. Lots of room and reasonable mileage.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I already did a search and read all the old threads. But trucks are fun and I am sure we could use yet another truck discussion.

Comment

The following users says Thank you to mrs. westcoast

Comment

just remember the bigger the truck the more stuff the more weight and the less mpg

im not keeping as much on my truck as i use to
            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
              just remember the bigger the truck the more stuff the more weight and the less mpg

im not keeping as much on my truck as i use to
              Thats wrong thinking in my business. The less stuff on the truck, the more trips back to my shop or the supply house and thats wasting TIME AND GAS.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                Thats wrong thinking in my business. The less stuff on the truck, the more trips back to my shop or the supply house and thats wasting TIME AND GAS.
                your right in service work you need a small supply house on wheels
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                  your right in service work you need a small supply house on wheels
                  You hit the nail on the head. The gas prices have actually made me realize how a bigger truck would actually be MORE efficient and economic... as backwards as it sounds, its true.

Comment

It sure is nice. Now if only I can find a way to afford one.

Comment

finance my good man, finance.

all kidding a side go to the dealers the one up side to high fuel prices is that the dealers are willing to do allmost anything to keep there stock moving
                      Last edited by oldslowchevy; 06-11-2008, 09:39 PM.
                      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                        My small plumbing service business has survived the very risky first year
                        Congratulations on making it your first year. It takes a lot of guts to go out on your own like that.

Comment

For what this is worth in my area FedEx is using the 2500 series Sprinter trucks. This is due to narrow streets. They like them except that they are top heavy and in strong cross winds either will roll onto their side or they sure seem like they will. The 3500 with duals in the rear are bigger but also said to be more stable and especially if loaded correctly. Be sure to get a Turbo Charged Diesel Engine with inner cooler. Gasoline engine models drink too much gasoline.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
                            finance my good man, finance.

all kidding a side go to the dealers the one up side to high fuel prices is that the dealers are willing to do allmost anything to keep there stock moving
                            I want one so bad, I have decided to stay in my astro for awhile until I can afford to get one. I'll wait until I can at least pay for half of it in cash. The economy is too unstable for me to finance the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                            X