X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grease trap maintaince

i was thinking about adding grease trap maintanice to what i do........to obviously get more work...........but this is the thing over the years there are epa issues .......and where do you put the stuff when u remove it........because lets be honest where do you throw it....not in a dumpster.......big fines for that id think.....im in nj......anyone have any thoughts on this id really like to know

Re: grease trap maintaince

Depends I guess. We've done it over the years but it is a "busy" business when nothing is pushing. The other guys that do it maybe have much more volume or are way too cheap in my opinion.

A "grease trap" that we've traditionally maintained is a 1000 gallon concrete tank outside a business. Health Dept./EPA required installation.

NOT THE LITTLE TANK IN THE FLOOR OF SMALL COMMERCIAL KITCHENS!

We (Not really WE. My dad's truck. He's the pumper/installer, I'm the plumber) use a pump truck rig made by Lely Corporation. Very reliable. But there are others that may be just as good or better.

As far as disposal, it must go to an Approved Facility for grease treatment. An Approved Facility might be 5 miles away, but more often it's 50. Better get on the phone to cover yourself.

Our local Health Dept./EPA is in charge of maintenance requirements and in the past there has been no enforcement. So they might NEVER be maintained. No required maintenance, no money. Get it.

But last I heard that is currently changing. Once again, this is in my area of NC.

P.S. NOTHING SMELLS AS BAD AS A 1000gal. GREASE TRAP IN MY OPINION!

J.C.
    Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 06-24-2008, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X