X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finally

Congratulations, the truck looks really nice. Good luck making some money with it this summer.

Comment

Re: Holding Pattern

very nice dunbar

but you think you can unplug the fans for the winter

the north west is getting pounded

point them towards the east

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Good luck, I hope you succeed and get rich.

Comment

I had a guy from Poland wanting product for his bar this week.

Going to be pretty amazing if I can keep it up.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

2, TWO freaking cool summers in a row.

The heat was out west. Texas. But not really here.

What I can say is I found opportune moments when the heat was up in the 90's and had that equipment operating for thousands to see. Thousands.

So I did accomplish what I set out for, and that is reach. A park bench business is backending the fan biz that is following the guilt by association pattern of name branding and product recognition.

I make sure that everyone I deal with on one business is fully aware of the other.

As much as I feel disappointed with this fan biz not pulling up this year, it actually did, just in another fashion.

My park bench biz isn't making money this year, but I've embedded the attitude that if you want the product for next year, it's a pay for play.

My guess is I'll retain 90% of the clientell that used my product, the incomes generated will finally take the turtle off my back and become a self-supporting business that covers the labor costs I've been putting out all summer. I put my effort into it as well but I need to be hands off with it, gain the income and growth from the management side of the equation.

I've got some really cool ideas that have spawn from the use of these misting fans;

Going to ice the reservoir tanks and possibly use the equipment as fogging machines. The product can create rolling clouds across the ground.

This keeps the idea in the presence of people into the cooler times of the year, halloween to be exact.

I have to keep this idea alive, even if it means coordinating product sales in other states. I want to say that I can manage this strictly from the internet but I feel that online sales is something I do not want to get into. I don't want to be victimized by the constant time consuming post office trips and dealings with fedex and UPS.

Something's got to change in the coming months and I believe some product creations are going to set the premace.

As far as paying down debt? I accomplished that this year but chucked up a good deal of debt in return. I still feel though that I've protected those who have invested in me, getting my arrangements in order.

This Max Gilpin case might open doors for me, with the legal case against the coach resolved, but I have a product that holds a different value when history is showing two years of cooler temperatures in the summer.

We get one hot summer and I'm poised to strike with full force...you can take that to the bank.

Comment

When it's good and hot again you will be booming. This has been a bad year for A/C repair guys around here. This to shall pass

Comment

I made this statement to my dad today,

"Do you realize that I operated two companies in the snapshot of time where consumer spending is at its lowest, the weather was one of the coolest summers, ever."July in my area went on record as setting a new record for coolest july ever recorded.

Also,

"I also operated these two companies through the income of my first company, paid for the fuel, the product, repairs, labor which was in the thousands this year and borrowed money to increase my inventory."

I won't even divulge what I made between these two, it's not worth putting to print. But I'll tell you that a fourth company was created by the struggles of these two, and I have figured out how to market BOTH of these ideas without money spent to known avenues of spending to get your name out there.

No way in hell am I bragging. This has been an undertaking that has developed many great ideas with the number one spirited goal, missing; MONEY.

Like saysflushable, I believe he's sitting on a gold mine when the time shows the 3 - 7's and it's your time to go and grow. I've got the taste of success in my mouth just like Mike and Ken do and you don't give up, you spend money knowing it's the turn in the corner that's going to make the difference.

Stick to your guns, that's what makes you a soldier to the front line of your battle. My next year is going to be breakthrough because I'm going to make it that.

Those of you who want to start a business, remember the 90/10 rule. 90% fail, 10% rule and in order for that 10% to survive you must be able to show 10 years in business, not 7.

How is that? This economy is prime example of who is strong. Anyone who played my exact game through all of this know how many have crashed and burned.

A friend of mine told me these words,

"Any company that survives/makes it through this time in the economy, if they pull through it, it will be a remarkable accomplishment."

"It's the forward thinking and the parameters of walls closing in around you that makes some of the best ideas and talents become known through the mindset of survival and determination." - Steve Nienaber

Who! Who's that author?

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post

"It's the forward thinking and the parameters of walls closing in around you that makes some of the best ideas and talents become known through the mindset of survival and determination." - Steve Nienaber

Who! Who's that author?
                  do we all know him as "dunbar"
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                  X