Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The $49 Drain Clean

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
    Here is where you have it wrong. There is a limited amount of "handyman" work I am allowed to do in my state. Most of my customers will take the time to ask if I am licensed or not. When I answer them they seem relieved. Ever wonder why that is? Maybe its because they know I will not want their credit card number before even coming out to the house. Or the fact that my prices will not be what they would consider to be exhauberant. So this is my fate. I do alright for myself, not because I charge more than the next guy, but because I do twice as much work as the next guy. While you have the luxury of working smarter, not harder. There is a market share for all of us. However, I have a feeling you're still pissed off. I promise not to come to CA, or wherever you're at. Unless Jack makes me an offer I can't refuse.
    Sorry but I am not buying it. I feel bad for you but you advertise as a plumbing company not a handyman service. In addition you advertise work which is clearly illegal for you to do in your State.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Here is where you have it wrong. There is a limited amount of "handyman" work I am allowed to do in my state. Most of my customers will take the time to ask if I am licensed or not. When I answer them they seem relieved. Ever wonder why that is? Maybe its because they know I will not want their credit card number before even coming out to the house. Or the fact that my prices will not be what they would consider to be exhauberant. So this is my fate. I do alright for myself, not because I charge more than the next guy, but because I do twice as much work as the next guy. While you have the luxury of working smarter, not harder. There is a market share for all of us. However, I have a feeling you're still pissed off. I promise not to come to CA, or wherever you're at. Unless Jack makes me an offer I can't refuse.
      I thought you were just doing drain cleaning.......thats what you told us.
      The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Sorry but I am not buying it. I feel bad for you but you advertise as a plumbing company not a handyman service. In addition you advertise work which is clearly illegal for you to do in your State.

Mark
        Yea, I should probably modify that website before I find myself in hot water. I think it is best if I just bid you all farewell. Goodnight and good luck in all of your future endeavors.
        Last edited by Devine Plumbing; 07-31-2008, 12:35 AM.
        Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

A new business model!
          Scrap that silly license...people will trust you more!

Sorry Doug, you informed us how you were cleaning up with $600 water heaters in your area while the legitimate plumbers are cryin' poor.
          Those were your words...you get to live by those words now.

It still baffles me why you feel like you should just be able to fit right in like nothings wrong.

I'm not at all pissed, for that matter I find you a likeable guy, but nothing at all detracts from the fact that you are the number one problem for guys like myself who struggle to get past the starting phase legitimately.

You can be as friendly, personable or amicable as you like...your still what you are.

No anger at all, I just look at it like I look at the criminals I pass on the wrong side of town, I don't hate them per say...but their not gonna be invited to my Thanksgiving dinner either.

You have options, you could get into something that doesn't require a license, drain cleaning (if legal in your state) for starters or small home projects (handyman).

You still talk about actively doing unlicensed plumbing as if it were just dandy.

It's not.

Comment

Yea, I should probably modify that website before I find myself in hot water. I think it is best if I just bid you all farewell. Goodnight and good luck in all of your future endeavors.

Just out of curiousity,

Do you only pull snipets out of the bible that best represents what image you'd like to represent,

or do you just follow the example of how you conduct your business, to implement only rules that satisfy your intended obligations?

Your presence here, lack of friends that wanted association with you has been quite difficult to watch, wondering why you feel so compelled to be part of a group that you've made well known to everyone that you don't need to follow the rules.

Every time I see your sig line, I see deception. It's a gross misrepresentation of words better fitted for a man and his family that truly fulfills what those words imply.

I wish for you and yours that your experience here is remembered in bringing clarity to your lifestyle.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I wish you no ill will and I feel sorry for you as I know you have a new baby at home but you live in what has been described as the toughest State in the Union on unlicensed Contractors. I believe you know your stuff and if I had a magic wand I may even consider helping you but there is not magic to offer. When you side stepped the rules 15-years ago you sealed your fate in the inevitable.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Devine, I told you a long time ago that unlicensed plumbing on this forum was frowned upon, you just wouldn't listen.
                The Other Rick

Comment

I wish you no ill will and I feel sorry for you as I know you have a new baby at home but you live in what has been described as the toughest State in the Union on unlicensed Contractors. I believe you know your stuff and if I had a magic wand I may even consider helping you but there is not magic to offer. When you side stepped the rules 15-years ago you sealed your fate in the inevitable.

Mark

Mark
                  Help? Help? What about me? I need help! I'm the guy that's going down in Ridgid history as the guy that started the thread that took down Devine!

The pressure is unbearable! How can I possibly live up to this kind of reputation? Day after day after day, oh the pressure. I think I need a therapist?

Devine - Rotary International adopted a four way test in 1932 that still stands today. I find it very useful in my personal and business life:

1. Is it the Truth?

2. Is it Fair to all concerned?

3. Will it build goodwill and better friendships?

4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?"

Think about the answer to these questions in the deepest and broadest context possible as they relate to all aspects of your business (as well as your personal life if you so choose).

If you allow your conscience to guide you, you will find areas where you excel and others where you fail. It has been my experience that correction of those areas where I have failed ultimately resulted in a more fulfilling life.

More than anything else though, decades from now when life is drawing to a close, as a true craftsman you will want to be able to say with all honesty, "I did it right".
                  spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Working...
                  X