X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectTalk Number on Business Cards/Other Advertisement

For those of you that have a DirectTalk phone where you can use it as a walkie-talkie, do any of you have your DirectTalk number on invoices, business cards, or other pieces of advertisement? I believe a lot of people in the trade business (and customers even) have these types of phones and if they can easily beep you, it might be good for business.

Any thoughts?
    YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Re: DirectTalk Number on Business Cards/Other Advertisement

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
    For those of you that have a DirectTalk phone where you can use it as a walkie-talkie, do any of you have your DirectTalk number on invoices, business cards, or other pieces of advertisement? I believe a lot of people in the trade business (and customers even) have these types of phones and if they can easily beep you, it might be good for business.

Any thoughts?
    I don't think whether a customer can use push-to-talk is going to be a big differentiator, the differentiator is whether you answer your phone. That being said, I used to have a Nextel with PTT for a job. It can be bad enough having your friendly coworkers beep you whenever, let alone someone who just has your card. Without PTT it is easier to decide whether you want to answer the call or not.

Comment

I agree with charles %110 the last thing you want is someone two-waying you and alerting you at 2:00 am besides if you dont want to /cant answer when they are calling they cant leave you a message.

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post

Any thoughts?
        No thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
          I agree with charles %110 the last thing you want is someone two-waying you and alerting you at 2:00 am besides if you dont want to /cant answer when they are calling they cant leave you a message.
          I just bought the Motorola i580 for my business phone and I have a cheap Samsung M300 for my personal phone. When I'm sleeping, I have my business phone off. Too bad I can't have two different voicemail greetings for the i580. One during the work day and one when the phone is shut off, telling the customer to call my personal phone if it is an emergency.

By the way, thanks for the input, guys

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I just found a program online that can give me different greetings
          Last edited by HouseOfAtlas; 07-31-2008, 11:01 PM.
          YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Working...
          X