X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Bye Nextel.....Hello I Phone

So I finally did it after months of debating myself, I dumped Nextel today, and got the new I Phone. I called all my d.c. contacts to make sure they had my cell # and then I canceled.vI will surely miss the direct connect, but after 8 years of Nextel's horrible service, both customer support and cell signal I just couln't take it anymore.

Hats off to Apple, they made the switch seamless and quickly. Apple is an awesome company.

So far the new I Phone seems to be awesome, there is so many gadgets and stuff on this "phone" it's unbelieveable. Maps, GPS, full internet and so much more. So far I am happy, but only time will tell.

Re: Bye Bye Nextel.....Hello I Phone

Please post after a week, two weeks and a month. Let's see how you feel after some time with the new equipment and service. You're not the only one that's POed with Nextel. Lots of people I know are angry with them and changing to another service.

Comment

I dumped nextel, went to att still have ptt
      sigpic

Comment

I've had my iphone since Christmas - it's not perfect, but man-oh-man it is miles from everything else. Make sure you are running the newest firmware version 2.0 (I think).

I imagine every phone manufacturer out there has been looking at it and sayin', "damn, how are we going to build our own and get around the patent?"
        spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          I dumped nextel, went to att still have ptt
          Does att's ptt work only with att or does it work with other providers.

Comment

I too have been contemplating the nextel-Iphone switch. Have to wait until Feb. when my contracts expire. One of my concerns with them is the durability. Please post durability related feedback.

Greg

Comment

I purchased the holster case with the flap that encases it completely. By February I will definitely be able to tell you if it will hold up as my track record with phones isn't that good. I can tell you that you probably cant drop it too many times. Drop me a line before you switch.

Comment

when feb gets closer I'll start another or resurrect.

Greg

Comment

I've been trying to keep up with all the new free apps available, but there are so many you can't try them all! I haven't even looked at the apps that cost! Some are just stupid, but many are practically fully-fledged business, utility, or productivity applications. (Currently with four full pages of apps, and two spots left on the fifth. That's 78 original or free apps on there!)

Now if only MobileMe worked properly...
                  Last edited by smorris; 08-06-2008, 12:37 PM.
                  Steve
                  www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

I'm surprised some of you aren't a bit worried about dropping the iPhone in a pool of water or something or dropping it at all for that manner. Also, I am surprised that people don't have rugged phones like the i580.
                    YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

I got my iPhone about 6 mos after they came out (yeah yeah...NOW I wish I'd waited). At the time, we had Sprint. Sprint just sux in general. I'm amazed at how good the customer service is with ATT and the iPhone. The phone works great, and now I have a couple games to keep me amused. The Apps that are available are pretty amazing. There's one that'll give you the name of a song if it can listen to it for a bit, and has a network connection of any kind!! There's lots of good free apps, actually. Like SMorris says...it's easy to fill up your iPhone with apps!

So far, the phone has held up pretty darn well. I have the flip-cover too. I've dropped it a couple times, and there's no problems. My hubby dropped his on concrete...at the top of the hill. It tumbled all the way down the hill. He watched in growing horror as the phone bounced and parts flew. He went down the hill and picked up all the parts, which turned out to be nothing but the plastic pieces on the back. He snapped it back together and has never had a a problem.
                      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

What's "apps"?
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          What's "apps"?
                          This is the new thing for the iPhone. They're little applications written by people and made available to everyone at the "app store", which is a button on the iPhone, and available through iTunes. Some are free, some cost a bit. Right now, I'm just using free Apps while I wait for others to test out the cost-based apps.
                          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
                            I'm surprised some of you aren't a bit worried about dropping the iPhone in a pool of water or something or dropping it at all for that manner. Also, I am surprised that people don't have rugged phones like the i580.

Thats what I just got rid of.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                              Thats what I just got rid of.
                              I'm just curious as to why? I'm out in the field and don't really have time for games and apps. My dad has the i580 and has some trouble with it, but he has dropped it more than once in a puddle of water and it has worked fine. It actually got submerged in water (was dropped into a pool) and after jumping in and getting it, it worked still. I don't think many (a handful if that) can still work after that happens.
                              YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Working...
                              X