• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your comments please

crap it didn't work

i'll try again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB_B-tqY7Dg
    Last edited by stxrus; 09-25-2008, 06:27 PM. Reason: i'm a doofus
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: your comments please

I LIKE IT!!!

It's kitschy and sticks in your head. Just what you want.
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

great job!!!
          www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

thank you. i'm very happy with it. i'd make some small changes but for now it works. i've only had 1 mention of dislike. my AE told me one of my semi-competitors came to her and said he didn't want a "cheesy" spot like "that SewerSnake ad"

she replied, "did it get your attention?" he said,"yes"

sge al;so asked,"do you remember the number?" with a moment hesitation he said, "626-0299". she said his eyes got real big and he looked embarassed. it worked

trust m, their spot won't look ANYTHING like my cheesy one
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

steve, very nice.

how large of a population is this going out to?

is it a cable spot or regular channels?

do you have a contract for so many spots per month?

with the new commercial, you might need some help

i just gave adam a crash (and burn) course on drain cleaning last week.

he is now a certified k-60 operator

in fact today, he's doing his very own drains at his job site

you might be able to twist his arm and get him over to your town

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Very catchy, and I especially like the brown water in the toilet. Works the EWWWWWWW!!! factor very well.

2 things:

1. You'll get calls off that one
                2. That's an advertisement that will be remembered years after you pull the ad. Move it around to different stations if possible, but usually that's not legal as it was probably created by your advertiser.

Definitely, get this on your front page of your website for an eternity, forever. Let it get mileage and that way you can back end that front video to a list of other videos you have that will show up in the related videos on the right hand side of the youtube page. It clearly works to a large audience that extends outside your local network.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

thanks Rick.

to anmswer your questions:

STX population is about 50,000 but it also airs in STT (50,000) and STJ (5,000) even though i don't do business there ...yet

these are run on the local affiliates which are on cable only and 1 satellite service. bhousehold coverage of cable is about 70%

yes this part of a Hurricane Tracking promotion package. for $1500 i get 2 spots every day an CBS, NBC, & Fox (under the umbrella of Caribbean Broadcasting Network). 1 during regular programming and 1 during primetime. for a toatal of 128 spots and 150 Hurricane Tracking Map promos (50 each station), and 600 Tracking Maps. there were a total of 12, 000 printed for the entire territory

i'm going to run the spots for 2 weeks on & 2 weeks off until the contrasct is fulfilled. the promos run during storm season and i have no controll over them.

this probably not work in a market much bigger than us but so far the responce has been great. if i can keep the SewerSnake name & number in the public eye i'll be happy.

on a side not as soon as the spot aired (toay id the 6th day) i got calls from radio stations wanting me to advertise. i just tell them no, radio doesn't work for me

steve

Comment

Dunbar, the spot is mine. i can do whatever i want with it. i'll probably do the local ABC (brodcast & cable) and TV2 (cable) News shows.

steve

Comment

Excellent. Very well done.

Josh

Comment

I like the retro look. Looks good.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Great job, you'll get calls from that for sure!
                          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...
                          X