Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tough times...economy is starting to affect the service plumbing here.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tough times...economy is starting to affect the service plumbing here.

Hey Jack, I'd like to hear a portion of your 100 reasons why people would call you.

Comment

I don't know how much longer I can be affiliated with a Forum participated in by BESTLINE PLUMBING, it's owners, business procedures, & ethics.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        I don't know how much longer I can be affiliated with a Forum participated in by BESTLINE PLUMBING, it's owners, business procedures, & ethics.

J.C.
        I say we vote him off the island

Comment

I used to have a plumbing shop in the West Los Angeles area and I've never heard of you. Something here doesn't sound right and that goes for just about everything I've read.

Comment

Originally posted by PCPlumber
            From Jack:

The way I see this is; members are happy as long as posts refer to what you cannot or do not want to do. You would rather that I tell you that I am a starving plumber with no business.

Are you telling me that I don't 'fit in' because my business is successful and it earns more than you can fathom?

You tell me that I make you sick. It sickens me to make as much money as I do and read posts that are in great denial. If I was in your shoes and you told me you could net $20k per week, I would fly to the opposite side of the world to check you out before opening by big mouth.

There is a big difference between you and myself. I listen and educate myself before making ignorant statements.

You cannot say one bad thing about my company because you did never met me, nor do you know me.

I sold two small drain jobs today. One for $4400 and one for $3400. Does this hurt your feelings? Must I post pictures of the jobs again to prove that these customers needed the services I sold?

Should I be like you and tell everyone my sad story how the economy is swallowing up my business? According to you, because I closed two sales today, I must have done something wrong today.

I posted pictures of the jobs I sold, on a daily basis, and I proved that ALL my customers need the services I sell. I posted pictures of flooded houses every day. Does the fact that I have the ability to seek out these customers hurt your feelings?

Are you so uneducated that you think the only way massive sales can be closed is with dishonesty?

What is the real problem here?. Are you telling everyone something must be wrong because you can't do what I can do?

Should I disappear because you would rather not have a member who can do better than you?

Is a successful person so hurtful that I should be banned?

Is there only friendship amongst the less fortunate?

Is this forum only so members can discuss what they cannot do?

You inability to see the opportunity bother me and this does not stop me from writing posts.

I am actually trying to get you to understand how much money can be made when you make some small changes in the way you market and close sales.

Yes! After reading the posts on this forum, I am feeling that I am 'The Master' of marketing and sales. I never felt like this before. You made me feel this way with you inability to see there are better ways.

I will say the same thing over and over. Come to my office and visit before you put your foot in your mouth. Spend a few days with us and you will be amazed.

Now, what other member has made this offer. I run a very clean and successful business. If this bothers you, hit your 'Ignore Button'. I have made a lot of people $millions and I never ask for a penny. Is there something wrong with this, also?

I am not your average plumber, businessman, nor marketer. Sorry, if this hurts any feelings. I will continue to tell other plumbers that they don't have to listen to you because you are not telling the truth. There are $millions waiting to be plucked and business is not slow because of the economy. Business is slow because you keep telling everyone that this is the way it has to be.

Come on over and visit. I will show you all my records, contracts, and bank records for last week or any time. This is not bragging. This is about proving that you plumbers are losing out because you can't see what can be accomplished with good marketing and more educated ways for closing sales.

Maybe you need to look in the mirror and ask what your problems are.

Mad Jack
            Jack,

With all due respect your people skills suck big time. I agree with many of your marketing tactic and feel many here could prosper by using them. However, the problem is the presentation of your message makes many shut you out before you even start.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Re: You are right, business is bad

Carl,

Stand fast my man. Your last two months were great and I know their will be more to come. I believe it has to do with consumer confidence right now. For the first time in my life I debated buying shoes last week.
              Last edited by Tyman; 10-04-2008, 07:12 PM. Reason: bahh
              Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I did a $450 service call today. Nothing major, but not bad for a Saturday. I also have a $1000 repipe scheduled Wednesday and several small service calls scheduled next week.
                I'll repeat August was a record month in gross sales, September was a new, bigger record. So obviously JACK, I know what I'm doing! I am hoping for October to be a record also, but if its not I won't be too upset. I was only slow for a couple of days. That isn't why I posted this. I posted this thread because I have been getting a slew of cheap bargain-hunters calling, and my competition in town is very slow recently. I just learned that my former company had two service techs quit, because they were not getting paid enough since they are on commission and that company is suffering currently. Everyone I talk to says the same, plumbing here is very slow.
                Its rare that something as important as a flushing toilet or hot water gets put aside the budget. In most small recessions I never even notice it. People tend to cut back on luxury items such as jewelry or going out to eat. People cut back on plumbing service only a last resort....we are in tough times by that measure.
                Last edited by Service Guy; 10-04-2008, 06:43 PM.
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  Jack,

With all due respect your people skills suck big time. I agree with many of your marketing tactic and feel many here could prosper by using them. However, the problem is the presentation of your message makes many shut you out before you even start.

Mark
                  I'm not a plumber, but I am a educated consumer and I don't care what line of crap "Jack" was spouting, I would be respectful and listen if he came out on a call but I would shop around for a better price. I don't know if you Pros really believe he is a "Master" or simply has come across a lot of stupid customers. I don't believe in overpaying and that's what his sales pitch comes down to in my opinion. I understand cost of doing business has risen but customers are also falling on harder times. Would a professional plumber overpay for electrical or carpentry work? I'm sure it hurts to lose a job to a competitor who will do it cheaper, but bragging about overcharging is not something I respect. I just have the feeling I would ask this man to leave my house and not come back.

Comment

From Jack:

Who is Carl? Are you Carl? My recent posts are not directed to any specific member.

I hear what you are saying. I disagree with your reasoning regarding slow sales. Several times, we discussed judgment. You do not know that people are deferring their repairs because money is tight. My current sales tell me this is not true.

Jack
                    Yes, I'm Carl. Anyway, I have listened to your ranting, looney posts for too long, and you mostly just sound like a jerk. You are going on my IGNORE list.

Comment

From Jack:

Where is the proof regarding over-charging. Is a 'higher price' the same as over-charging? Is 'twice as much' the same as over-charging. What school did you learn this at? You can't be my General Manager. You're fired!

You talk about bragging. Does this mean you are bragging you are more honest and you earn less? I did not write this statement for a joke. Is your 'half as much price' more honest than my 'twice as much price'.

Jack
                      Overcharging is an abuse in my opinion, and Yes!

Comment

Jack,

Mark
                        The "Bob Dole" stylings don't help either.
                        Respectful that he DOES try to help and he does seem like a good guy...just a wee bit wordy at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          I'm not a plumber, but I am a educated consumer and I don't care what line of crap "Jack" was spouting, I would be respectful and listen if he came out on a call but I would shop around for a better price. I don't know if you Pros really believe he is a "Master" or simply has come across a lot of stupid customers. I don't believe in overpaying and that's what his sales pitch comes down to in my opinion. I understand cost of doing business has risen but customers are also falling on harder times. Would a professional plumber overpay for electrical or carpentry work? I'm sure it hurts to lose a job to a competitor who will do it cheaper, but bragging about overcharging is not something I respect. I just have the feeling I would ask this man to leave my house and not come back.
                          The marketing skills I am referring to are not ethics related skills but forms of advertising and tracking. I would never conduct business like Jack and I survived just fine but some of what he has done makes sense.

Mark

Comment

The marketing skills I am referring to are not ethics related skills but forms of advertising and tracking. I would never conduct business like Jack and I survived just fine but some of what he has done makes sense.

Mark
                            What parts of his business would you "never conduct" in the same manner Mark?

J.C.

Comment

BTW, the reason my business is growing and prospering these last two months is partly from advice I have received from people here like : gear junkie, plumber rick, Mrs.seatdown, ToUtahnow, duckbutter, westcoastplumber, jerrymac, NHmaster, plumberscrack, Allclear, drtyhands, dunbar, JC, masterplumb, Tinmack, wrenchspinner...and more I may have forgot to mention.

So don't assume you are "better" than the other members here, JACK-off None of your advice has been memorable, all I remember about you is that you do $49 drain-cleaning to get your foot in the door, its a called a loss-leader, and while it is perfectly legal, I consider it a dishonest marketing technique. I don't remember anythign else about you or your advice....

Something like this:
                              BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH, Make money,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH, $10,000 job off some old lady I sold yesterday,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH, I am better at business than anyone on this forum,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH, You are all idiots and you must listen to me or you will never amount to anything,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH, I have a serious superiority complex that I need professional help for,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,, BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,,BLAH ,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,,BLAH,BLA H,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH, I am awesome,, I will snend you my free software to make you millions, did I mention how awesome I am,LAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,,BL AH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,,BLAH,B LAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,,BLAH,BLAH, BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,LAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,B LAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH, BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH ,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLA H,BLAH,BLAH

LAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,,BLAH, BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,,BLAH,BLAH ,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,,BLAH,BLAH,BLA H,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,LAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH ,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLA H,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BL AH,BLAH,BLAH,,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,B LAH,BLAH

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                                What parts of his business would you "never conduct" in the same manner Mark?

J.C.
                                I appreciate the fact he does not spend money on the YP as I always felt you could spend your money in better areas. I like his idea with fliers as we used them when ever we were in an area doing anything more than a service call. His flier/package is far superior to anything we ever had. I like that he inspects home for addition work and advises the owner of such.

I do not like the fact that he comes off as a little more high pressure than I would. I do not like the fact that at least it appears he is charging more than he should for the work he is doing.

I don't believe there is a thing in the first paragraph which would not lead to more work and/or money for anyone who is looking for it.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X