Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tough times...economy is starting to affect the service plumbing here.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tough times...economy is starting to affect the service plumbing here.

I guess I was worried for nothing...I posted this thread on Friday, now its only Monday and I did 5 service calls today!
    Surfing the waves!
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

My water heater job on the 3rd floor was confirmed today...

Son of a.....!

God D.....!

Mother F.....!
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Today, 12:44 AM
        This message is hidden because PCPlumber is on your ignore list.
        Silence is golden.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
          Silence is golden.
          I don't like his approach - he goes on lenghty lectures, I think his posts are rediculously verbose.

I also think it's extremely important to at least acknowledge that he has experience with a level of success that many of us don't.

Will I adopt his philosphy?
          Not likely, but I do think he has offered some degree of perspective for those of us who have not gotten to where he is yet.

If we could just get him to stop referring to himself by first name, I'd be a lot less creeped out.

I keep thinking Bob Dole has invaded the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Jack,

With all due respect your people skills suck big time. I agree with many of your marketing tactic and feel many here could prosper by using them. However, the problem is the presentation of your message makes many shut you out before you even start.

Mark
            Had to jump back to this and agree, he might have some incredible messages, but if I had the kinda time it takes to read them, I'd enroll in a marketing course at a local college.

Comment

My screen is turning brown....Turd alert!

Comment

Another 12 hour day of service calls! Its ironic, Friday I posted this and I was crying because of no work...and yet I did over $2200 between Monday and Today...and I am booked up all week!

We're you guys praying for me or something?

Comment

Another 12 hour day of service calls! Its ironic, Friday I posted this and I was crying because of no work...and yet I did over $2200 between Monday and Today...and I am booked up all week!

I'm still praying for you! Profit from a job well done, pass along a good moral compass to your children and sleep well at night. Wealth is not the barometer of a good person or a rich person for that matter. Nothing wrong with making money, it's just how you get there that counts. Best of luck staying busy and balancing your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    I'm still praying for you! Profit from a job well done, pass along a good moral compass to your children and sleep well at night. Wealth is not the barometer of a good person or a rich person for that matter. Nothing wrong with making money, it's just how you get there that counts. Best of luck staying busy and balancing your life.
                    I agree. Yes, I worked 12 hours today and made a good profit. But thats not all! I also made friends with 3 NEW clients today. Each one said they would give more more business and that they liked me enough to refer me to friends!
                    Then I came home and spent some quality time with my baby...and my wife. I try to keep everything in perspective. Money is great, but SUCCESS in my life means MUCH, MUCH more than just money...relationships are even more important.

Comment

Said it before, I'll say it again...
                      Every time I go through what you went through, I wind up on ther business end of a furious streak, thinking I wish I'd taken the time to just relax and enjoy the down time.

Comment

Wow, I can't blame it all on the current economy, but for some reason this week it seems I am getting nothing but bogus tire-kickers and price-shoppers calling. I am definitely getting more than usual. Probably 70%+ of the calls that have come in this week just immediately want a price on the phone and they won't make an appointment. I have never had so many as I have had in the last couple of weeks. Especially the last two days has been very slow. I have NOTHING scheduled today and so far I have had only one call and it was just some guy who wanted a price to repair his outside hose faucets and then said he'd call back...:sigh: I had a record month in September, it was great, but so far October has started off VERY POORLY.

Oh well, hopefully it will pick up soon. The last quarter is usually the busiest, but this year with the economic crisis we are facing, I am not so sure what will happen.
                        Here's a thought on all those calls you're getting of late. Maybe they are people who are contemplating selling or buying a house and are trying to get an idea of the cost of repairs to either make the house more marketable or how much it will costs them to make it livable if they buy it.
                        "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Slow here in my area too. Only woked three days last week. Slowest its been in about 8 years. Hope to pick up soon.

Comment

Just as a happy update to this thread... as of today, October 14, I am on track to have ANOTHER RECORD-BREAKING MONTH. ($7000 in work last week alone)
                            ITS NOT SLOW AT ALL, RATHER I AM ROLLING IN GOOD WORK!

Comment

Just as a happy update to this thread... as of today, October 14, I am on track to have ANOTHER RECORD-BREAKING MONTH. ($7000 in work last week alone)
                              ITS NOT SLOW AT ALL, RATHER I AM ROLLING IN GOOD WORK!
                              See,
                              Words getting around.
                              There is a serious plumber in town.
                              Not a selfish pig,a whiner or an uneducated tech.
                              But a hard working efficient plumber.
                              Congrats Carl.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                                See,
                                Words getting around.
                                There is a serious plumber in town.
                                Not a selfish pig,a whiner or an uneducated tech.
                                But a hard working efficient plumber.
                                Congrats Carl.
                                I sure hope so! But my main point is this: I am staying away from all the "doom and gloom" media coverage of the economy. It does no good to sit around and worry about things that are out of our control.

Comment

Working...
                                X