Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tough times...economy is starting to affect the service plumbing here.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tough times...economy is starting to affect the service plumbing here.

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
    I sure hope so! But my main point is this: I am staying away from all the "doom and gloom" media coverage of the economy. It does no good to sit around and worry about things that are out of our control.

Westcoast/Robert looked at it the same way.He knew what it was going to take for him and his abilities to get running.No matter what the cost.
    This is not an easy gig even when times are at there best and everyones throwing money away.
    If a guys gonna make it now he better start looking at it the way you are Carl.
    He better Shut up and get busy.

The guy I have been working with found out last week he lost 60% of the work he was counting on getting everyone through 2009.
    Now it looks like I'm buying a van and painting some stencils on it.
    Anyone know a good graphics designer.

Comment

Thanks a bunch Adam! Your encouragment means a lot to me. People like you are so positive that nothing can get them down long-term. Even if the new construction is cut way back for you, I know you'll find the pot of gold somewhere. Knowing it exists (positive thinking) is half the battle.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
        In my experience, anybody calling and immediately wanting a price over the phone is not doing anything. Remember, you gotta get paid for your time, whether it's at the job site or on the phone. Tire kickers and price shoppers just rob your time for free.

You are a professional, with a lot of time and money tied up in your business. Deal with the spenders, give them your time, and ignore the price shoppers.

Might be time to do some direct mail/newspaper advertising for a fall check-up? Check in with some old customers for referrals? Or maybe it's just a bad week.......
        Funny, I have learned that the most honest plumbers WILL give you an hourly rate, right up front. I've experienced a lot of people who play games, getting you with the service call fee right away then referring to some price book used "industry-wide", trying to add on additional services, or just beefing up their prices to offer great service or warranties on their work. All I want is someone to come get the job done right for a reasonable rate without any BS. Thanks Kevin Scudder of Coverall Plumbing in Tacoma WA!

Comment

Good luck Adam, I know you will do well.

I like guys like Carl and West Coast Plumber, they really inspire me to do more and I like the passion they have for plumbing.

Someday I hope to open my own business, God willing.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Working...
          X