X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hired a Helper.

Screw the slow economy. I'M SLAMMED WITH WORK! This makes the 4th day straight that I worked a 12 hour day and even had to turn some calls away as I was overbooked....I had so much work today that I had an unpemployed friend (I used to work with at another service plumbing shop) with 3.5 years plumbing experience come in and give me hand. It helped a lot, we did a crapload of work today, $1900 gross! He's unemployed and has a kid, and he's a great plumber AND I NEED HELP! I decided to hire him to ride with me and get the jobs done faster. If things work out right with my new advertising this year, I'll buy another truck and put him in it. I worked with this kid for 3 years and he's an awesome salesman and very conscientious about his work. Hopefully it will work out well for the both of us.

Also I'll try to get him to sign up here on the forum.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Re: Hired a Helper.

.... told you so! Keep up the great work Carl!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
      .... told you so! Keep up the great work Carl!
      Yes, it looks like October is going to be another record-breaking month. That will be three record months in a row. I guess my 2008 marketing plan was really damn good.

Comment

Carl,

Is any of it related to the new equipment you recently purchased?

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Carl,

Is any of it related to the new equipment you recently purchased?

Mark
          Partly, mostly my new ads and marketing plan is working extremely well.

Comment

I'm glad for you Carl.Wasn't it a few days ago you were up until all hours of the night pacing wondering how you were going to put gas in the van

No,seriously,You're doing great.Good goin' DAD

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              I'm glad for you Carl.Wasn't it a few days ago you were up until all hours of the night pacing wondering how you were going to put gas in the van

No,seriously,You're doing great.Good goin' DAD
              I think the psychological pressure of having my wife recently leave her job to care for our newborn at home was the main reason for my little breakdown the other day. I was only slow for a couple days and I totally freaked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                Yes, it looks like October is going to be another record-breaking month. That will be three record months in a row. I guess my 2008 marketing plan was really damn good.
                Glad to hear things have turned around quickly. You deserve it.
                I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

carl, do yourself a favor and contact your insurance co.

let them know you have a part time employee and also get workers comp.

1 mistake and all your hard work will be going out the door.

all it takes is 1 little screw up.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    carl, do yourself a favor and contact your insurance co.

let them know you have a part time employee and also get workers comp.

1 mistake and all your hard work will be going out the door.

all it takes is 1 little screw up.

rick.
                    I am well aware. But thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Carl,

Congratulations on reaching this milestone even in a difficult environment. Hopefully, this will give you the ability to do more jobs and spend the time you need to spend on business decisions on business decisions, and leave enough time for your family.

Charles

Comment

"YEA!" For you Service Guy. The streets are still paved with gold . In this economy you just have to be a little wiser and bend over a little farther to pick it up. It sounds as though are on the right track.

I have owned a number of businesses, some I started and some I bought. The name of the game is "Controlled Growth". I bought a garbage truck/route and expanded like crazy. Within a year I owned five. That was way to fast. My rationale in expansion was, metephorically, 'If I can make $100.00 a day with one truck, with five I should be able to make $500.00 a day.' It doesn't work like that. I realized was in way over my head in business terms. I sold. Had I expanded a bit slower I would have experienced and solved problems when they were small. Instead when problems arose I was faced with the problems multiplied by five.

-Tom

Comment

Way to go Carl. Maybe he could get your Chevy and you could get the new Sprinter.
                          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                            Way to go Carl. Maybe he could get your Chevy and you could get the new Sprinter.
                            We'll see, he is just my helper for now. I am not buying a second truck until I absolutely have to....way too risky to jump in too fast as some others have said.

Comment

Congrats on the success Carl. the only thing I wonder is if this guy has so much going for him, why is he unemployed?
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X