X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising against lower priced competitors

I know some of you advertise on Craig's List and I am planning on doing the same. The thing is, there are a couple drain cleaners that are advertising for $65 and $75 per drain. This is actually somewhat low for my area.

Is there a way that I can word my advertisement so I get calls over the cheaper guys on Craig's List? Or should I just look elsewhere for advertisement?

Thanks in advance!
    YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Re: Advertising against lower priced competitors

Write on your ad,

"Beware of Low-Ball Pricing. Demand a written statement that the charge will not exceed the amount stated on CraigsList"

That'll fixem' real good!

All I'm doing on there now is linking my website. Getting real lazy lately and get real tired rewriting the ad.

For some reason I like it because I take pride bashing the competition.

Anything that spells undercut I try to make sure the same eyes see the opposite reasoning.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

how abou stating " licensed and insured"

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
        Write on your ad,

"Beware of Low-Ball Pricing. Demand a written statement that the charge will not exceed the amount stated on CraigsList"

That'll fixem' real good!

All I'm doing on there now is linking my website. Getting real lazy lately and get real tired rewriting the ad.

For some reason I like it because I take pride bashing the competition.

Anything that spells undercut I try to make sure the same eyes see the opposite reasoning.
        Sounds good, Dunbar! I like that

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        how abou stating " licensed and insured"

rick.
        We don't need a license to do drain cleaning here and one or two do say insured. One is a plumber that is charging a lot less, but he's been in business for 25 years so maybe he is close to retirement or maybe just a way to get in the door and look at other plumbing problems like Jack does. Just a thought.

Thanks again for the help, guys
        YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Craigslist is the equivalent of an online penny saver IMO. Plus, it's more crowded than a freeway at rush hour. And like dunbar said, updating and rewording gets old too.

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
            I know some of you advertise on Craig's List and I am planning on doing the same. The thing is, there are a couple drain cleaners that are advertising for $65 and $75 per drain. This is actually somewhat low for my area.

Is there a way that I can word my advertisement so I get calls over the cheaper guys on Craig's List? Or should I just look elsewhere for advertisement?

Thanks in advance!
            Have you tried running an Google adsense campaign ?

There are some really cheap keywords you can buy and also just set the ads to run by zip code

Hope that helps
            Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
            New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

As above post mentioned... Google will often have keywords that are inexpensive if you narrow you focus on them by niche work or geographic location. You can often pay very low prices per click to drive traffic to your website.. you do have a website, right?
              metal canopies | carports | metal carports

Comment

Working...
              X