X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign ripoff

For those who might be looking for vehicle lettering, I've been posting this on contractor forums.

I ordered signs for my new trailer from www.truckstix.com and after design approval and getting PayPal to accept the payment I waited, and waited.

Now and then Derek Jean would respond to me, usually just about the time I was getting ready to file a PayPal claim. "Did I get those signs yet?" he asked over the phone. Well, he mistakenly sent them to IN instead of ID, though he claims to have gotten the zip code right. He kept promising a tracking number the next day but neither the number nor the signage showed up.

His website says that he ships within 48 hours of design approval. At 41 days, I filed the PayPal claim and he had until the 11th of this month to respond. He suddenly got very quiet - responding neither to me nor to PayPal. They found in my favor, of course, when he didn't respond, but his bank account is empty. Nothing for PayPal to get.

Though his business is located at www.truckstix.com, the PayPal payment went to esigns.com. I'm beginning to wonder if he just keeps changing the payment address when he gets all the money he can? The site's still there.

Anyway, I'm out $229. Avoid this guy.

Re: Sign ripoff

this is why you need to use a credit card for your paypal payment.

of the hundreds of transactions i've done, i only had a few flaky sellers.

either paypal or amex covered me 100%.

anytime i buy, i look at the feedback and get a feel for the seller.

paypal typically has an automatic $200 coverage and most have a $2000. coverage.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Herk

Hang in there. Over time PayPal may give you some $$$. If they are unable to contact the seller chances are they will try making things right.

Comment

I'd been watching truckstix for about a year and it's a well-made site. I checked to see if I could find a sign of fraud by using every keyword I could think of. Surely, I can't be the only one he ever ripped off.

PayPal notified me of my win and said that he had no money in his account to get but if he ever did, they'd get it. I suspect he may have opened and emptied a number of accounts, but maybe that's just my suspicious nature. It was pretty obvious after a while that he was just stalling me as long as he could with lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
          For those who might be looking for vehicle lettering, I've been posting this on contractor forums.

I ordered signs for my new trailer from www.truckstix.com and after design approval and getting PayPal to accept the payment I waited, and waited.

Now and then Derek Jean would respond to me, usually just about the time I was getting ready to file a PayPal claim. "Did I get those signs yet?" he asked over the phone. Well, he mistakenly sent them to IN instead of ID, though he claims to have gotten the zip code right. He kept promising a tracking number the next day but neither the number nor the signage showed up.

His website says that he ships within 48 hours of design approval. At 41 days, I filed the PayPal claim and he had until the 11th of this month to respond. He suddenly got very quiet - responding neither to me nor to PayPal. They found in my favor, of course, when he didn't respond, but his bank account is empty. Nothing for PayPal to get.

Though his business is located at www.truckstix.com, the PayPal payment went to esigns.com. I'm beginning to wonder if he just keeps changing the payment address when he gets all the money he can? The site's still there.

Anyway, I'm out $229. Avoid this guy.
          Any new developments?
          Kenneth Collier
          Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
          Jackson, MS 39206
          (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
          drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

That might not be real. You can use anything. I have a friend who registered his domain as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
              That might not be real. You can use anything. I have a friend who registered his domain as Obi-Wan Kenobi.
              You are correct , it may not be true, BUT I did see in the OP's first postthat he talked to someone names Jean, and the first domain is reged to Jean, But then again, there might be no Jean at all,

It would be worth a try I guess ......

Just trying to help .....and yea so many people put fake names on domains for sure .....
              Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
              New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Hi,
                I'm the owner of www.esigns.com

we have no relationship to this case or websites posted above. You can find all our company information at http://www.esigns.com/contacts.html

I do not understand why our information got mixed in in this thread.

We request the poster of our information to investigate our site, find no connection to the other rip off site, and delete all our information from this thread.

My attorney will be looking at this thread first thing Monday morning and hopefully the whole mix up issue will be fixed by then.

Thank you,
                Stan
                www.esigns.com

Comment

Originally posted by esigns View Post
                  Hi,
                  I'm the owner of www.esigns.com

we have no relationship to this case or websites posted above. You can find all our company information at http://www.esigns.com/contacts.html

I do not understand why our information got mixed in in this thread.

We request the poster of our information to investigate our site, find no connection to the other rip off site, and delete all our information from this thread.

My attorney will be looking at this thread first thing Monday morning and hopefully the whole mix up issue will be fixed by then.

Thank you,
                  Stan
                  www.esigns.com
                  I'm not sure how your information became involved either but I have deleted it. If you would like to delete your post or edit it to remove your information let me know.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    this is why you need to use a credit card for your paypal payment.

of the hundreds of transactions i've done, i only had a few flaky sellers.

either paypal or amex covered me 100%.

anytime i buy, i look at the feedback and get a feel for the seller.

paypal typically has an automatic $200 coverage and most have a $2000. coverage.

rick.
                    I always look for a "contact us" address and then google earth it to look for a real brick & mortar location. If the site does not clearly state where they are located, I immediately move on.

Companies are dropping like flies across the united states right now and this is definitely a risky time to be shopping anywhere, especially on the internet.
                    spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Originally posted by esigns
                      we have no relationship to this case or websites posted above.
                      I wondered about that when I was searching around and found the esigns site in MI.

There is an update, but I've been waiting for results before I post it.

I was contacted from someone from Truckstix and now their site is back up. They are sending me the signs and this time I have an actual tracking number. The signs are supposed to be delivered tomorrow. They won't be of much use to me until the weather gets warm enough to actually put them on.

I'll update with more when I actually see the goods.

Comment

The signs showed up yesterday, in good condition and it looks as if they'll be pretty sharp, though a bit of a pain to put on since they're layered. Gold goes on first, then the black or red lettering next.

We've been down around ten at night and as much as 40 degrees during the day, so I don't know how long it will be before I can actually install them.

It appears that this company is trying to re-establish themselves after the illness of the previous owner. Whether he is actually still a part of the business or simply too ill to work I have no idea. But they do seem to be back up and running and anxious to please.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                          The signs showed up yesterday, in good condition and it looks as if they'll be pretty sharp, though a bit of a pain to put on since they're layered. Gold goes on first, then the black or red lettering next.

We've been down around ten at night and as much as 40 degrees during the day, so I don't know how long it will be before I can actually install them.

It appears that this company is trying to re-establish themselves after the illness of the previous owner. Whether he is actually still a part of the business or simply too ill to work I have no idea. But they do seem to be back up and running and anxious to please.

Comment

Glad everything worked out for you Herk.

I use a local guy for my lettering, t-shirts,and business cards.
                            If I ever have a problem all I have to do is drive 3mi to his home/shop or talk to his wife when I see her in town.
                            I have never had a problem with him but if I did, I know I would never have to post negative info on him to respond. All I have to do is is go to his home/shop and see what's up. While there I see his wife, kids, dogs, and home. Could I save a few bucks on the internet? Yeah sure, but he's putting food on his table with every sale, just as I am.
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I do my best to shop locally, my embroidery work is done in town, signage on my rig is done in the other little town I service, and my local print shop guy ( pissed me off yesterday, and I will move my business elswhere ) did my business forms off of my draft.

I just seen the population sign coming in yesterday, 10,586 and the other little town is 7,500 with 30 minutes windshield time between.

I buy on the internet for my big ticket items ( watts tk99-e differential guage ) as the supply houses are all struggling and their prices are all over the map.
                              sigpic
                              www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Working...
                              X