X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You lowering your price?

We all had to raise our prices due to risng gas prices but now they're in the 1.75 mark in my area. Are you dropping your prices back down to reflect this change?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: You lowering your price?

I never raised my prices because of the fuel. So why would I lower them now? I pretty much ignored the gas prices actually. I have enough budget built in to my rate to cover fuel, give or take a little.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

the $5. 1 time charge i enacted a few months back is staying till the end of the year. at that point it will be absorbed into my new hourly and removed from my service call.

so far there has not been 1 person question it.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Mine just went up $10 a couple weeks ago.

Diesel fuel has only dropped .70 cents in my area.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Yes, I lowered mine. I have a small home repair service. I raised my hourly rate $5.00 when gas went up. I lowered it a few weeks ago. I agonized about raising my price because most of my jobs are within 15 miles of my house and last a day or two. It didn't seem right to add $40.00 a day for driving 30 miles. I am happy with myself for lowering my rate.

Comment

I raised them when gas went up, I raised them again when gas went down. May just raise them again just because I can. Man am I busy. Just gave a manufacturing contract away to one of my siblings because it was getting in the way of doing other things.
            Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

I have not changed my prices BUT I sure do hope others do, like the food stores
              Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
              New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
                I raised them when gas went up, I raised them again when gas went down. May just raise them again just because I can. Man am I busy. Just gave a manufacturing contract away to one of my siblings because it was getting in the way of doing other things.
                That is what companies do. If they are so busy, they raise their prices until they lose some customers. That way, they can get to everyone and still make good money.

My girlfriend is a cosmetologist and I know in that business, if you have a huge clientèle because you are in high demand and it's hard to get to everyone, they raise their prices.
                YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Working...
                X