X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answering service?

I am thinking of using one. I answer every call personally, but lately the sheer volume, or trying to drive, and all the telemarketers and price-shoppers are driving me mad!!!
    It sure would be nice to have an answering service, but I am afraid that I will not get an answer when I call the customer back.
    This question is for any small service companies that use an answering service.
    Pros?
    Cons?
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Re: Answering service?

all my calls are suppose to go to my office number. if it's an emergency they are instructed to call me on my cell phone.

typically this works great, and i will talk to the person when they call. if it's a non emergency i will instruct them to leave me a message at my office machine. i check messages during the day when i have a break.

unless the answering service knows plumbing, i don't see the advantage to a live service.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

And the spammers show up in less than a day.......
      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

my cell phone is MY business number. it's on 24 hours a day, with explicit instructions to leave me as detailed a message as possible. clients know that when i'm on a job the phone is in the van and i will call back ASAP. hopefully the rest will leave a message. if they don't well, there's always the next job

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Unless you've got someone knowledgeable answering the phone, who can upsell/qualify potential customers, you're probably better forwarding to your cell/utilizing voice mail.

Buddy of mine had a girl in the office who could troubleshoot over the phone/knew most of the office machines he sold, so she definitely could save him some time/money.

He let her go, never replaced her, and, well.......not so much time/money saved any more.

In your case, someone sharp to answer the phone on Mondays and Fridays(seem to be the days when everybody needs something done at the last minute) may be a good starting point.

Then again, if you're expanding to yourself and another full time guy, it's probably time to set up a proper shop and someone on the phone full time to .sell/schedule/paperwork/etc.
          I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Not me...

Comment

Working...
            X