X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign of the times , not good

Most suppliers say their Buss. is off 20 percent, when asked. People are waiting to see what's coming their way before committing on remodels. Bought 2 new hearing aids at Costco, That new Buss. is dead. He said the store has flipped. Volume now is in food , not stuff ! We live in an affluent area, it must be tough going elsewhere. Hope We all get through this mess. Obama Wasn't My choice, but I'm sure pulling for Him now! We need more than a new President, We need a Magician !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Sign of the times , not good

one of my suppliers laid off/ terminated a great knowledgeable 14 year asst. manager due to cuts.

he started off as a delivery driver and eventually worked his way up to branch manager.

as the economy slowed, and business slowed. they moved others around and terminated some. he did get a 3 month severance package.

i know this guy and he is as nice and sharp as they come. just a tuff time at the end of the year to find a job.
    i made a couple calls to friends at the supply house too.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Might be on the corner begging for change

Comment

Yea, many supplies in the swimming pool industry are going out fast as well, I have a buddy that owns a huge website and he is doing well because of the net and the fact that he sells a huge inventory of replacement parts , but he tells me that a lot of his buddies are done..... it sux all around
        Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
        New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

What is going on, when reading this forum everything seems to be great plenty of work and no worries, but when reading the newspaper and watching television here in Australia the U.S is stuffed there laying off people left right and centre, banks are closing, GM and Ford are nearly bankrupt and begging for money, sub prime is forclosing on homes every where and your printing money you don`t have in the trillions in prop up your economy, so I ask again what is really going on in the U.S.

Tony

Comment

Probably a little bit of both. The vast majority of people do have work, but about 7% don't. Some companies are laying people off, others aren't; most are being cautious and thus not expanding.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
              What is going on, when reading this forum everything seems to be great plenty of work and no worries, but when reading the newspaper and watching television here in Australia the U.S is stuffed there laying off people left right and centre, banks are closing, GM and Ford are nearly bankrupt and begging for money, sub prime is forclosing on homes every where and your printing money you don`t have in the trillions in prop up your economy, so I ask again what is really going on in the U.S.

Tony

Everything has come to a head. Like it does every 20 years or so.

Be asurred though...the BO is sworn in, the liberal media will claim we have been redeemed and all will be right with the world.

Comment

Phone didn't ring all day turkey day....today I'm filling out saturday and next week.

Just glad to have it for my massive bills next week.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                X