X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angie's List contractors - Few Questions

For those of you that get your work or have gotten your work from Angie's List customers, I have a few questions for you:

1. How did you get put on the list? If a customer puts you on the list, how are you notified of being put on the list?

If ABC Plumbing wasn't on the list and I wanted to write a good review about them (and say I was part of Angie's List), how does ABC Plumbing get notified that they are on this list?

2. If ABC Plumbing did a great job yet the customer was unhappy and they report ABC Plumbing to Angie's List, can ABC Plumbing request to get taken off of Angie's List?

3. Companies don't pay for memberships, only customers/homeowners, correct??

The reason I'm asking is because I'm starting a website that will help contractors out. I'm canning my YourHomeContractor.com idea for this one

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer!
    YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Re: Angie's List contractors - Few Questions

No one gets their work from Angie's List??
    YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

not here. but a client named Angela has given several referals

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I was put on Angies list by a pleased customer. I never "subscribed" to the site. A couple weeks later I was called by a rep wanting me to sign up. Works the same way as the phonebook, the more you pay, the bigger the ad.

Comment

"I swear I'm being watched.......and I like it!!!!"

I'll PM you.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Somehow our company ended up on the Angie's List with lots of favorable reviews. We did not even know about them until it was brought to our attention. We initially liked the feather in our cap that went along with the recognition but soon discovered that the group of individuals that had posted our superior performance were homeowners that had been grossly taken advantage of or mistreated by other plumbing contractors. What happened from there was a slew of Angie List bargain hunters that left such a bad taste in our mouth that we decided not to pursue that avenue any longer. Being a "word of mouth company" it boiled down to the same thing I would tell my kids, "you can judge a person by his friends" I have always found that nice people have nice friends and crummy people have crummy friends.

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
              not here. but a client named Angela has given several referals

steve

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

the reps call me a few times a year.

i tell them the same thing.

i only work for people that were referred to me. i don't work for complete strangers.

i am on a, so far so good web site for new mothers. not quite on a scale of angies list, but more of a local sharing site.

another good site is home owners associations.

this allows you to do multiple jobs while in the neighborhood.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by rookie plumber View Post
                  a slew of Angie List bargain hunters that left such a bad taste in our mouth that we decided not to pursue that avenue.
                  My feelings exactly. In this area, I get all the calls I need through word-of-mouth referrals, postcard mailings, my truck lettering, my magnetic business cards, and my phonebook display ads.
                  I have tried several internet marketing routes and none of them paid of at all. Any calls that I did get through these place where usually just people looking for free information or cheapskate bargain-hunters.

I'd rather those people call my competition.
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Awesome! Thank you for all the input, guys!

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
                      For those of you that get your work or have gotten your work from Angie's List customers, I have a few questions for you:

1. How did you get put on the list? If a customer puts you on the list, how are you notified of being put on the list?

If ABC Plumbing wasn't on the list and I wanted to write a good review about them (and say I was part of Angie's List), how does ABC Plumbing get notified that they are on this list?

2. If ABC Plumbing did a great job yet the customer was unhappy and they report ABC Plumbing to Angie's List, can ABC Plumbing request to get taken off of Angie's List?

3. Companies don't pay for memberships, only customers/homeowners, correct??

The reason I'm asking is because I'm starting a website that will help contractors out. I'm canning my YourHomeContractor.com idea for this one

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer!
                      Finally.... I get to find out what the website you were putting together is...

Comment

LOL! Thanks

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          the reps call me a few times a year.

i tell them the same thing.

i only work for people that were referred to me. i don't work for complete strangers.

i am on a, so far so good web site for new mothers. not quite on a scale of angies list, but more of a local sharing site.

another good site is home owners associations.
                          I hear about these all the time from you guys in CA do you get a good amount of work from these groups?
                          this allows you to do multiple jobs while in the neighborhood.

rick.
                          Oddly enough I ran into a plumber at LOWE'S when I was picking up a dishwasher and we talked for a while and he remarked how he lost a lot of money with the phone books and now only deals with angie's list and get 4 to 5 good calls a week people look to do more than jobbing work. I have since signed on and have handed out 12 of the review forms . Your are paying to be listed on the first page and how much depends on how may people are members in that area. Anything I can do to get away from Lowe's !!

Comment

WOW I just googled home owner associations and found a huge data base online with addresses phone numbers and some have there own websites. Do any of you guys send letters to these associations ?

Comment

Working...
                            X