Dodge Truck WiFi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dodge Truck WiFi

thread drift approaching....... This is the problem with the big 3, they want to make a car with all the gadgets and gizmos when they need to focus on making a dependable vehicle. My tundra isn't fancy, TRD SR5, but it's well built and will last. I can buy a wifi attena for 100 and put it on a tripod on the truck whenever I need internet. It does me no good to have wifi while driving. This is just another misguided attempt to cover up poor quality.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      thread drift approaching....... This is the problem with the big 3, they want to make a car with all the gadgets and gizmos when they need to focus on making a dependable vehicle. My tundra isn't fancy, TRD SR5, but it's well built and will last. I can buy a wifi attena for 100 and put it on a tripod on the truck whenever I need internet. It does me no good to have wifi while driving. This is just another misguided attempt to cover up poor quality.
      Continuing the thread drift! This country's rampant consumerism has led to the whole "mines bigger", "mines faster", mine has something that yours doesn't mentality. The manufacturers, encouraged by the consumers with their easy credit have stepped up to the plate with cars and trucks that are bigger every redesign, with more power, and a buttload more troublesome electronics. I heard an ad from one of the big three raving about their best in class V8 fuel economy for one of their pickups, and the ratings were the same as my '97. So, 11 years of technology and complexity has brought us nowhere. Ford has dropped the 6 cyl option from their pickups completely. Mainly because the truck, even in its base form, has gotten too piggish that their six won't pull it anymore. Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        My Chevy truck isn't fancy. But I've had to do less work on it than my Toyota truck. Can I get dialup in my truck? How much cord do I need?

J.C.

Comment

but I think a DIY install could be done with your provider of choice and some hardware.
          I had just that in my truck back in 1999. I had the Clarion Auto-PC with the GPS module with in-dash map display and turn-by-turn voice directions, engine monitor, and the cell interface. The Auto-PC was a voice-controlled computer running Windows Mobile.

"When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

We (or only I maybe) got sidetracked for a bit and were talking about OnStar and that other manufacturers should offer such a system.

Well I see that Ford now does along with some other interesting deatures.

From their web site:

Our exclusive, voice-activated SYNC® system comes standard on many models. It seamlessly integrates most Bluetooth®-enabled phones and mp3 players, allowing you to place calls and answer them and play whatever songs or playlists you want. All without taking your hands off the wheel.7
            Our available next-generation Navigation System incorporates SIRIUS® Travel Link™ for real-time updates on gas prices, weather, traffic, movie times and other conveniences when you’re on the road.8 And our new SYNC® 911 Assist™ will call for help automatically if your airbags deploy.9
            We’re expanding our ‘smart’ features for truck customers. Ford Work Solutions™ is a suite of industry-exclusive options for F-Series trucks and commercial E-Series vans which will help make business owners more productive and successful. It includes Tool Link, ™ developed in conjunction with DEWALT®. It uses radio frequency ID to track tools and equipment in the bed so nothing gets left behind. Crew Chief, ™ through our partnership with Garmin, ® lets a foreman track crews wherever they are to make sure the right team gets to the right job efficiently. And our onboard computer system running Microsoft® Windows for Automotive lets a businessman produce spreadsheets, invoices and estimates right from the cab.10
            Our 2009 Edge gets our newly available Blind Spot Mirror, an industry-first innovation, as standard equipment beginning this fall. The Blind Spot Mirror replaces traditional sideview mirrors and features an integrated convex spotter mirror that provides an optimized view of the driver’s blind spot.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
            X