X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: yellowpages.com adds

I get about 2 calls a week from my ad on yellow pages.com. If i get at least 2, then it pays for itself. When ever i look into new advertising, i look at the total yearly cost, then work my break even points to see if it is worth pursuing. In this case, yellowpages.com was worth pursuing.
    http://www.yellowpages.com/Tallahass...terms=plumbers

See, luckily i got on the first page.
    www.seminoleplumbing.com

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKSTARPLUMBER View Post
      I get about 2 calls a week from my ad on yellow pages.com. If i get at least 2, then it pays for itself. When ever i look into new advertising, i look at the total yearly cost, then work my break even points to see if it is worth pursuing. In this case, yellowpages.com was worth pursuing.
      http://www.yellowpages.com/Tallahass...terms=plumbers

See, luckily i got on the first page.
      I noticed under the plumbing heading in Tallahassee there are 178 plumbers listed. The New Orleans plumbing heading has 923 listings. I was on the first page when I was on yp.com and got nothing.

I'm thinking there's just too much competition in my area. People open the book here and their head spins with so much choice.

2 jobs per week just from the yp.com would pay for my internet and print ad combined.

In 2008 I had a 55% loss on At&t advertising. I'm probably going to go up a size and get the ad professionally designed, not let the at&t people do it, and try for one more year. That's a $6000.00 loss for me last year.
      I go back and forth, between that and just getting out now.

I'm a glutton for punishment.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Hey Rockstar what do you pay a month for first page. If you dont mind.
        You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
          One of our competitors had magnets attached to the phone book when they mailed them out. I see those damn magnets on every refrigerator I see. It's odd, they call us, but our competitors magnet is on the fridge.
          I ask clients if we can trade magnets. Two of mine for one on the frig. Works most of the time .

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
            One of our competitors had magnets attached to the phone book when they mailed them out. I see those damn magnets on every refrigerator I see. It's odd, they call us, but our competitors magnet is on the fridge.

Exactly. It's a small square with emergency numbers to all kinds of different businesses.

I see them everywhere, but I'm still in their house. ????

Y'know, I bet they still work though, just don't know how well. The writing is very small and you have to squint to see it because they tried to sell the item for all it's worth.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
              Well, believe it or not, its only $78.00 per month. But, it is my first year with them, and im sure that they are goign to stick it to me when renewal time comes. And, I asked the guy how i could be #1 on the list, and it all came down to money. Also, when i bought this ad, it came witha spend 1$, get 1$ free, so in all actuallity, the true cost of the ad would be around 160$per month. But that is with the phonebook ad and the internet ad. Im sure it varys though, just like everything else. Location.
              www.seminoleplumbing.com

Comment

Originally posted by EverettsPHAC View Post
                I ask clients if we can trade magnets. Two of mine for one on the frig. Works most of the time .
                Great Idea! Thanks.

This is why I love the RIDGID forum.

Lenny

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
                  FYI

I was paying $150 per month in 2007 for yellowpages.com first page under plumbing contractors, 8th company, and got nothing, in big market. So I canceled the internet.

I currently pay $946.00 per month for my dollar bill sized ad and the "extras" in the print directory. I got back on average last year, $425.00 per month. Which, by my estimate, makes me a...

Lenny

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                    They probably just use your competitors magnet for the emergency numbers or the calendar that's attached. Not even realizing what the service is advertising on it.
                    I got one in the mail yesterday. I haven't bought a 2009 calendar, so it is on the fridge. Won't make a difference, because if I wanted to call them I can just look at the water heater sticker.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                      I got one in the mail yesterday. I haven't bought a 2009 calendar, so it is on the fridge. Won't make a difference, because if I wanted to call them I can just look at the water heater sticker.
                      The calendars are nice. I though about sending calendars to my regulars, but any magnet on the fridge is good I think. I get calls sometimes from three years ago from my magnets.

I just can't imagine paying the YP to send them out. Especially here in a large market.

Lenny

Comment

I was approached through my cell phone (goodness knows how they got my number) and pressured into buying ad space with Yellow Pages.com. I resisted and I'm glad I did. I have friends in the trades who did advertise with them and they got nothing in return for their money. You're locked in once you sign up. I think I get better return on investment advertising in the local press. You only advertise with them when you need to and it seems to work better for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X