X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yellowpages.com adds

Just curious if anybody has had much luck with yellowpages.com adds? I just recently started advertising with them, my add is the top add when you search for plumbers and its been up for a month and not one call. Everyone says give it time but iam just starting out and this is my biggest expense adn no return so yeah a little worried. The rep told me plumbing contractors in thwe wichita area get about 14,000 hits on that site, if true they must just be looking not calling. Any thoughts or just a new contractor worried?

Re: yellowpages.com adds

They are terrible, one of the biggest wastes of money I ever spent on marketing. Get out as soon as you can. I never, ever, got a single call from yellowpages.com. Total scam imo.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
      They are terrible, one of the biggest wastes of money I ever spent on marketing. Get out as soon as you can. I never, ever, got a single call from yellowpages.com. Total scam imo.
      I'll second this one for sure.

I felt scammed for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jhweatherby View Post
        The rep told me plumbing contractors in thwe wichita area get about 14,000 hits on that site, if true they must just be looking not calling.

14,000 hits equals 1000 other companies checking 14 times if their ad is still running because no one is calling.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Wow I really thought about them but it is over $380 per month in south Florida so i decided not to. Other companies i know do advertise with them and they tell me it works. Please repost every so often and let us know if it starts to work.
          You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

I'm about to go back into negotiations with the devil, err, yp sales rep. Yes they are exactly that, representatives of SALES. They do not have your best interests at heart.

I've had little to no luck with the internet, especially yellowpages.com

I'm trying one more year with a professionally designed and bigger print ad. If my return on investment does not improve drastically next go around, I'm out for good.

I'll have to stick with what's been working, word of mouth, repeat, local newspaper, and refrigerator magnets.

check this thread http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21913

Lenny

Comment

I was the 8th company on the first page under plumbing contractors in a large market (New Orleans) on yellowpages.com, and got nothing.

Lenny

Comment

when i got my regular phone book ads set up i got calls from yellowpages dot com. i listened to their spiel and i admit they were smooth. all of a sudden i found myself on another line with someone looking for credit card info, etc. never once did i say i was buying anything.

over the next few weeks i kept getting calls about getting my ad started, building my website, yada yadda yadda. i was polite until the next call came in. i was rude to the woman on the phone and demanded to speak to her supervisor. she said no but i told her i had her name and phone # (given on the 1st call) and i would be calling the higher ups and letting them know what was going on. and i was going to call Licensing & Conumer Affairs and file a formal complaint as well as with the Lt. Gov's office. she hung up on me and never called back. that's been 2 years ago

they are a ripoff and scam as far as i'm concerned.

yellowpages.com=RIPOFF

steve
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I am in the local DEX book. One line ad, $225 for the year. I think I have gotten about 5 jobs. So I will do it again.

When I started I went thru our church, friends, family etc.

Dont feel bad about the negative comments, cut your loss, and go from there. I think my biggest advertising mistake (so far) was Money Mailer.

One thing...an ad anywhere takes time. I mean people seeing your ad day after day, week after week. The name sticks, they think reputable etc. It wont happen right away.

Comment

We know people who have had success with Reach Local, which is a web based advertising company through Google. If you are interested PM me and I will give you the contact info.
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                      We know people who have had success with Reach Local, which is a web based advertising company through Google. If you are interested PM me and I will give you the contact info.
                      I have recieved several calls via Google search...and its free!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                        I have recieved several calls via Google search...and its free!
                        This one isn't free. It somehow is able to track people in the area you designate with the keywords you designate. So if your zip code is 77459 and you want people within a 10 mile radius of that looking for a plumber, it makes you pop up as the first ad. There is more to it than this, but this is the simplified version. The woman whose job it is does a much better job at explaining it.
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

The phone co. is after me right now, they want me to add to my ads.

Um, no thank you.

My phone was disturbingly quiet today but when these deep freezes come, they don't trip up calls for me till after it starts to rise back up, then it's party time!
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

One of our competitors had magnets attached to the phone book when they mailed them out. I see those damn magnets on every refrigerator I see. It's odd, they call us, but our competitors magnet is on the fridge.
                            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

They probably just use your competitors magnet for the emergency numbers or the calendar that's attached. Not even realizing what the service is advertising on it.

That company is probably donating at least $100,000 a year to YP for a full page print ad, YP.com, and that magnet, and they called you!

I hate the yellow pages! Especially the overpriced AT$T!

Lenny

Comment

Working...
                              X