Too many calls!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Too many calls!

On the days that im swamped with work and can not handle the call, i have two other plumber buddys that i trust and will do the job for me. They right up the bill with my company invoice, the check is payed to my company, that way you dont lose the job or the customer. The job is split 60-40. i get 40% and they get 60%. I still make money and dont lose the customer.

Comment

Well, things have finally slowed down. January was awesome, Februrary started out really strong and kind of fizzled out at the end. I still need to analyze February's numbers. March was the slowest, deadest month of the whole year last year and I expect it to be the same this year.
      I HAVE FINALLY LEARNED TO RIDE THE WAVES!!!

When its busy, I work 60 hours a week and enjoy all the money...when its slow, I work part time only and enjoy time with my family. No more stressing out when its too busy, and then stressing out when its too slow....now I will simply enjoy the business cycles as Mark pointed out above.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Every time I start to worry about my phone not ringing, it starts ringing to the point that I cant keep up. Then I worry that I'm too busy and need to hire somebody.

I drive my wife crazy sometimes when its slow.

When I look back at the numbers and average everything out, business is doing great.

I think its healthy to worry a little bit that the next slow period will last too long.

Keeps me on my toes, paying close attention to customer service, making sure everyone gets a refrigerator magnet, thanking everyone with a handshake, discounts to the elderly, asking for referrals, etc, etc, etc.

I just started reading an interesting book called "Duct Tape Marketing", trying to think ahead.

Comment

Working...
        X