No announcement yet.

2 A.M. Lavatory Drain? 24 hr policies?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 A.M. Lavatory Drain? 24 hr policies?

i'm reachable 24 hours a day. but i decide what is considered an emergency from a day job.

i had a situation a number of years back with a celebrity's wife.

i was already scheduled for 8a.m as per her husband.

at midnight the day before, i get a wake up call from the wife.

"my toilet isn't working"

yes, i know, your husband called and has me scheduled for 8am.

"you mean you can't come out tonight"

you can't walk down the hallway 30' and use another one of the 5 toilets there.

"no" your not coming out tonight?

no.

"i guess i'll have to call someone else"

i guess you will

if ni didn't already talk to her husband, i would have gone out, not knowing if it was a real issue. but this lady was just trying to pull a power trip.

maybe next home she gets will have his and her toilets so when 1 is broken, she can use the other. wouldn't want to inconvenience her to walk 30' to the next one.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

if they think it's an emergency, well it is. i love the emergency money. love it. love it. i want to work less and make more. not the other way around. i get 2 hours to show up, check at the door. if you want to do 24 hr work do it. if not don't. i get some furnace calls for instance where the customer says nobody in yp will come out. but the hvac people would tell them to call me. i love it. cha-ching, cha-ching. i don't advertise for hvac, i'm licensed. i had a freeze up last winter. the lady asks me why do you answer your phone and came out here in the middle of the night? i said " well it pays a lot better at 3 am than at 3 pm. she looks at me for awhile and burst out laughing. at 3 am they just want you to come out. they know it ain't going to cheap. also, they don't say i'll call around and get back to you like the woman did at 2:08 pm today. the last guy said right off the bat do you came out and open drains at 9 pm? we sure do. paid me at the door and the rest before we started. didn't know him from adam. lots of extra money after hours. lots. no competition.whats not to like? but if you don't want to go, don't advertise, that really pisses them off. around here hvac people are the worst. but thats how they sell furnaces. i would like to only do emergencies.

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
        if they think it's an emergency, well it is. i love the emergency money. love it. love it. i want to work less and make more. not the other way around. i get 2 hours to show up, check at the door. if you want to do 24 hr work do it. if not don't. i get some furnace calls for instance where the customer says nobody in yp will come out. but the hvac people would tell them to call me. i love it. cha-ching, cha-ching. i don't advertise for hvac, i'm licensed. i had a freeze up last winter. the lady asks me why do you answer your phone and came out here in the middle of the night? i said " well it pays a lot better at 3 am than at 3 pm. she looks at me for awhile and burst out laughing. at 3 am they just want you to come out. they know it ain't going to cheap. also, they don't say i'll call around and get back to you like the woman did at 2:08 pm today. the last guy said right off the bat do you came out and open drains at 9 pm? we sure do. paid me at the door and the rest before we started. didn't know him from adam. lots of extra money after hours. lots. no competition.whats not to like? but if you don't want to go, don't advertise, that really pisses them off. around here hvac people are the worst. but thats how they sell furnaces. i would like to only do emergencies.
        Same here.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Everything is a emergency call around the hours of 10am and 2pm.

That means 4 hours in that window do not constitute emergency rates.

<< Cuz I'm speshal.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
          X