Sponsorships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsorships

This year I'm concentrating on keeping myself afloat, and in light of the current economical crisis I have been quietly pulling back all my sponsorships to different affiliations.

I've mentioned that I've achieved quite a bit in this line of thinking as it helps with name branding, association to other well known businesses and the like.

I need to protect my best interest right now, focus on the now and not how I'm perceived by others. LOL! Like that ever F88King matters to me.

But from a giving type of businessman I am, I need to control the situation and let others know that if I don't do this, I'm putting myself out in a vulnerable way.

Every single association that I've withdrawn in sponsorship, has been a little disturbing in how they reacted to my choices.

A church lately did something they never should of done, and that's try to obligate me. Hrmmm...let's see; you can build a 2 million dollar addition onto your church but you cannot buy a new printer to make my advertisement look better than a 4 year old using silly putty???

I find it disturbing...I just had to pull sponsorship on a local fair I do every year, last year I spent $1000 in sponsorship money but $1000 in equipment use between 2 other companies I own.

Not even a thank you, my banners went where absolutely no one could see them. Insulting. I'm still going to be there, but I'm not going to have a booth or set up equipment like last year. Last year I cared, this year it's about other priorities.

Sometimes I feel it is good to "pull back" every now and then. I've got some other places I have stuff up in their buildings and I'm going to tell them that I'm not renewing this year.

I asked one guy to move a sign for me, twice, still right where I don't want it. I'll solve that $700 problem real quick.

I'm just right now but those of the group who have given me flack for pulling back? I'm never going to spend my hard earned dollars with, again.

Dealing with people, you'll have that.

My 3 companies have no value if they don't exist.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Sponsorships

Three companies?? Geesh, I thought I was a bigshot with two!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
      Three companies?? Geesh, I thought I was a bigshot with two!

Yeah, but two of my three aren't making JACK ****!

So I'm not feeling real special right now.

Comment

Well, I only took another name so someone cant spin off my name.

Comment

Everyone knows that small companies are having a hard time right now, but when this starts affecting them they don't seem to understand it and act in a fair way. I mean it is just logical that especially smaller businesses are pulling back a bit in these times
          But I guess probably many of these companies/events/etc that you were previously sponsoring are getting much less money overall - therefore it is understandable that they are somewhat disappointed.

Comment

I've lost some political pull with some affiliations this year since I pulled out, but honestly their attitude needed to be seen now, that way I know who respects me.

I've lost respect for some bigger events I've contributed to and I would "hope" they understand that I have a memory like a woman.

One particular group wasted my time, had me deliver AND pick up equipment that never got used, and then ignore me at a recent event, walked right past me?

And I offered my products for free?

Talk about drawing lines in the sand...

Comment

Working...
            X