Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Any particular package you use?

Thanks.

J.C.
    I use Quickbooks Pro 2007

Comment

Re: invoicing software

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
      Hmmmm...what do you mean? I use 2007 Contractor premier edition if that is what you are referring to?
      I was looking at their site and they have many different products. I was just wondering which one would be geared the most towards what we do.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

I too have used Invoices & Estimates for years because it's so "small" and simple.

I looked at Peachtree and Quickbooks & felt like I was getting confused and it would take me more time at the end of the day.

But maybe I should rethink it.

J.C.

Comment

I too have used Invoices & Estimates for years because it's so "small" and simple.

I looked at Peachtree and Quickbooks & felt like I was getting confused and it would take me more time at the end of the day.

But maybe I should rethink it.

J.C.
          I have Invoices & Estimates Rick helped me set it up once..Never used it..Bought quickbooks which i just used for accounting..pretty easy and your accountant can help you set it up...

Once I became using laptop in the van i started using invoices..You can customize each invoice, put your logo on, draw links for customers signatures, write legal stuff etc...

The nice part is I can see what customer spent the most with me and I can click on 30 days late and see evryone who didn't pay..Really neat and would sugest it to anyone.

When I spend money in supply stores or whatever buss. related I entered in into quickbooks right in the van and when i get home i don't have to do nothing but file customers invoices I printed in the van in the cabinet
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
            I have Invoices & Estimates Rick helped me set it up once..Never used it..Bought quickbooks which i just used for accounting..pretty easy and your accountant can help you set it up...

Once I became using laptop in the van i started using invoices.
            .You can customize each invoice, put your logo on, draw links for customers signatures, write legal stuff etc...

The nice part is I can see what customer spent the most with me and I can click on 30 days late and see evryone who didn't pay..Really neat and would sugest it to anyone.

When I spend money in supply stores or whatever buss. related I entered in into quickbooks right in the van and when i get home i don't have to do nothing but file customers invoices I printed in the van in the cabinet
            So do you use two programs? Or do you invoice in the van with Quickbooks also? Didn't quite understand.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

So do you use two programs? Or do you invoice in the van with Quickbooks also? Didn't quite understand.

Thanks.

J.C.
              Just quickbooks..Never used invocies& whatever it's called
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Thanks. I'll look into it and see if I have what it takes to operate it.

J.C.

Comment

Thanks. I'll look into it and see if I have what it takes to operate it.

J.C.

Trust me, Quickbooks is the best for everything. it grows with your company. You can expand to inventory control, payroll, the whole 9 yards. You can template your invoices easily. Very professional clean looking invoices. I have had nothing but compliments since my transition. Thanks to quickbooks, it was all possible.
                  sigpic

Robert

Comment

I too have been using quickbooks for my electrical contracting company. I have been using Quickbooks 2004 contractor edition, but just recently bought 2009 contractor edition. I never had 2004 set up the way I wanted, so I am really putting in some time to get it all right this time.

Once you have your company set up correctly, Quickbooks is as simple as it gets to use.

I also use a laptop and mobile printer in my van to invoice. I got sick of hearing "I never got the invoice in the mail", so now I personally place it in there hand at the end of the job. Liek WestCoast, when I make a purchase for the business, I immedietely enter it. If it is for a specific job, it gets tagged to that job immedietely and no more wondering what that monthly invoice is for.

Jeff

Comment

For you "invoice in the truck guys"- is your laptop your only computer? Are you using the multi-user versions?

Comment

Originally posted by lmpg View Post
                        For you "invoice in the truck guys"- is your laptop your only computer? Are you using the multi-user versions?
                        Mines not. I have a network setup, when I get back I just jump on the network and update the office computer with anything I did during the day. Pretty simple really.

I am the only user of quickbooks, my accountant said it is within the quickbooks copyright laws for me to put it on both my computers with one copy. Now if I had a secretary or anything like that using it, then I would have to have a multiple user license.

Jeff

Comment

i have a few backup laptops that get the backup of my work computer along with my backup hard drive.

all my invoicing is done on my primary laptop.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            i have a few backup laptops that get the backup of my work computer along with my backup hard drive.

all my invoicing is done on my primary laptop.

rick.
                            uh...wha?

Comment

Working...
                            X