X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• invoicing software

i'm curious as to what invoicing software you are using.

do you invoice at the job site or when you get back home/ office?

do you have your employees also invoice or just turn in their paper work?

how happy are you with your current software?

how long have you been using this software?

are you looking for something new?

this is what i've used for the past 10 years in the field.

http://www.avanquest.com/USA/work/de...FRIcawodcCnqRA

i'm asking because just finishing my taxes yesterday, i would like to incorporate my invoicing program with my accounting program/ quicken.

i know quick-books can do this, but i also have 10 years of invoices and don't want to have to work 2 different programs to refer to my customers database and history. sort of too far along to make the swap.

thanks for the input.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: invoicing software

We currently use WINTAC http://www.intacinternational.com/ not that impressed but I doubt we will switch anytime soon.

I liked using S2000WIN http://www.s2000win.com/ when I worked at another company. The software was a little quirky at times.It's all modular. Only buy into what you needed. Really geared towards the service industry like WINTAC but has more to offer. Most of the problems was migrating from an System 36 platform to Microsoft Windows based. Lots of database errors Doesn't come cheap but after trying dozens of programs this one was by far the best.

Comment

I'll be interested in what you guys are using also as I currently use no program for invoicing or accounting.

My accountant gets a copy of business checking / saving account statements and checks every three months and works from that.

My invoices are kept in folders separated by month. I write up a summary every month of the invoices with invoice number, amount of sale, address, and where customer heard of me (repeat, referral, yp, newspaper, etc.).

My billings are put in a separate folder, are marked off as they are paid, and put into the folder for that month.

I bought Quickbooks 09 on sale but haven't started working with it yet.

Guess I better get on it before 10 years passes by.

I just would like to be able to look up job histories for problem or warrantied jobs. Not so much worried about the accounting aspect of it, since my accountant can use the bank statement breakdown.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

So you want to put all current Quicken data in something else?

Maybe beginning balances, but not all the particulars, i'm guessing.

Or find something to work with your existing Quicken?

Is there a version of quicken that has invoicing of some sort you could upgrade to?
        Last edited by lmpg; 04-16-2009, 02:11 PM.

Comment

the issue was `10 years ago when i went all computer generated invoicing, quick books was too overwhelming. too much information and drop downs.

the program i settled for was the one i listed.

it's actually gotten better over the years with better data base and reports. i am very comfortable in using the program. i can even email invoices with it

problem is it doesn't incorporate with my quicken financial program i use to pay my bills and track my expenses.

so i generate my gross income from " my invoices" and generate my cost of doing business from quicken, along with my banking that's online too.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, we used to use quick books for EVERYTHING even invoicing writing checks etc, was very happy with it and isnce you already have it why dont you try experimenting with it or even pick up a book on it it can do a lot!

Comment

i'm sure it is better and easier for me now. problem is i have thousands of invoices and data stored in my program. along with all the customer info. i hate to think how long it will take to try to transfer all the data.

i hate to have to look at 2 programs for referencing.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

CPW has already been on today.May be he has a shortcut for you.

Comment

I'm not sure you'll find anything that will incorporate all existing info into one.

I switched from qb to peachtree a few years ago. All accounts and customers converted. Actual invoice details did not. So what you had after converting was Customer name, address and beginning balance if they had one. Still had to look back into QB for invoice details, which isn't that big of a deal.

Comment

I am pretty sure you can find a company that will take your existing data and install it into your new software - as long as it is all computerized. Last year we rebuilt a website for a client and had to change over 7,000 pages of photos and text. The guy we hired wrote a short program that pulled data, parsed it, altered it accordingly, and then reinstalled it. Since your problem is relatively common, I'd have to assume coompanies will do the transfer protocols. It was not very costly for us to have this done, and it took less than a week. Just thought this might help...
                    Measure TWICE - Cut ONCE! 'Cause the Lumber Stretcher is broken!
                    I'd throw more things away, but I'm afraid someone might want them...
                    My DIY and HOW To Articles and Videos

Comment

Rick

I use Quickbooks for my business and Quicken for private as you cannot transfer the data between them as they are two totally different programs I fell into this trap many years ago and had to start again after my account told me to seperate business from private for tax purposes.

Tony

Comment

I use Quick Books and have for the past 5yrs. It is really easy to use once you get the hang of it. It may take time to set up your customers, but once you do its easy from there to track invoices, expenses, taxes, payroll and ect. all from one program. You can even send your accountant a e-mailed copy and not have to go to their office.
                        Hope this helps.

Comment

Quickbooks for both invoicing and accounting. Option to email the whole year to my accountant and Invoices to the customers is great
                          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                            Quickbooks for both invoicing and accounting. Option to email the whole year to my accountant and Invoices to the customers is great
                            Any particular package you use?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                              Any particular package you use?

Thanks.

J.C.

Hmmmm...what do you mean? I use 2007 Contractor premier edition if that is what you are referring to?
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X