Full wrap for van

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full wrap for van

Im getting a full wrap for my work van. Does anyone have one and do you guys get calls from customers that seen your truck on the road. What u think of mine?
    Attached Files
    You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Re: Full wrap for van

I think your van looks great! It surely should get some attention, and hopefully some calls.
    Measure TWICE - Cut ONCE! 'Cause the Lumber Stretcher is broken!
    I'd throw more things away, but I'm afraid someone might want them...
    My DIY and HOW To Articles and Videos

Comment

How much $$$ is that running you?

I like it. Should definitely stand out.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

very nice. you will be noticed.

in my market i'd get not . it's just a different world

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
          How much $$$ is that running you?

I like it. Should definitely stand out.
          $2000 or 6 months of clipper magizine lol.

Comment

I have never called a tradesman based on how they have their vans/trucks painted up. If I don't have first hand knowledge of a company's work reputation, I usually ask around my circle of friends/relatives for recommendations. For me, a clean and well maintained vehicle says more about a company than one that has a fancy paint scheme and is full of decals.
            ================================================== ====
            ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I'd say it would work if you were hvac contractor, given the water to flames or whatever it is idea.

You're not going to be able to read that from afar, the print is hiding into the scheme, like most of those end up.

And the very last thing I'd want to do as a business owner, is advertise free estimates and same rate day or night.

That just drives the worst of the worst to your phone and I don't have time to deal with idiots wanting rock bottom.

I turn down lots of work for those wanting free estimates. Don't waste my time and I won't waste yours.

The bottom line is I'd keep it all one color, plain and make the print clearly read what you want them to do; type that number into your cell phone while they pass you or following your truck.

I found out first hand that what "you" think looks good isn't what always works.

Look up WestCoastPlumber's name on here and look at his truck. Simple, angled print and it almost forces you to read it given the angle it is put on the truck.

I never incorporate "free" into my business. I value my time better than that.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                I'd say it would work if you were hvac contractor, given the water to flames or whatever it is idea.

You're not going to be able to read that from afar, the print is hiding into the scheme, like most of those end up.

And the very last thing I'd want to do as a business owner, is advertise free estimates and same rate day or night.

That just drives the worst of the worst to your phone and I don't have time to deal with idiots wanting rock bottom.

I turn down lots of work for those wanting free estimates. Don't waste my time and I won't waste yours.

The bottom line is I'd keep it all one color, plain and make the print clearly read what you want them to do; type that number into your cell phone while they pass you or following your truck.

I found out first hand that what "you" think looks good isn't what always works.

Look up WestCoastPlumber's name on here and look at his truck. Simple, angled print and it almost forces you to read it given the angle it is put on the truck.

I never incorporate "free" into my business. I value my time better than that.
                To each his own. What works for me may not for you. But im crazy busy everyday for the last nine months since I opened and Im just starting. I think if your happy being a one man company then my advertiseing would not be good but I have dreams of having over 20 trucks in the future. And the main plumbing company in S Florida. Who knows maybe ill be a one man company for years, but nothing wrong with thinking BIG.

Comment

I get a job every other month from my truck lettering (not wrapped) and it pays for itself.

I may go for the wrap with my next van.

I think the water looks great, but also don't get the orange color.

Also be careful with the colors drowning out your signage.

I saw a hvac truck the other day on the interstate with bright orange background with non white lettering that was hard to read.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
                    To each his own. What works for me may not for you. But im crazy busy everyday for the last nine months since I opened and Im just starting. I think if your happy being a one man company then my advertiseing would not be good but I have dreams of having over 20 trucks in the future. And the main plumbing company in S Florida. Who knows maybe ill be a one man company for years, but nothing wrong with thinking BIG.

Nothing wrong with dreams and aspirations, guys like me open doors for guys like you that have walked the walk in business and understand that showing up in a vehicle at anyone's house, is a cost.

By the roll of the dice, you'll land more jobs employing the attitude of being already in the house...but I enjoy the notion that when I fire my plumbing rig up, it's making at a minimum $100/hour to leave and venture this great land. If the customer has spent money with me prior, I bend the rules but they already know I'm in it for the money.

Hopefully in the near future you accomplish your goals, just understand that the yo-yo effect is very common with established businesses, one of the reasons you tagged your market so quickly. Big companies that had to downsize, and sometimes economy doesn't cause that; just basic economics.
                    Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 04-28-2009, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                      I get a job every other month from my truck lettering (not wrapped) and it pays for itself.

Absolutely. Name branding is the way to go.

1 of my trucks is lettered, the 2nd one was wrapped, won 2nd place in a national digital art contest for vehicle wraps, and the third one I can't afford to wrap; $12,000.00 to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post

I may go for the wrap with my next van.

I think the water looks great, but also don't get the orange color.

Also be careful with the colors drowning out your signage.

I saw a hvac truck the other day on the interstate with bright orange background with non white lettering that was hard to read.
                        I first did all blue but then my name is same color, so i did not want to change my logo colors at all so the only way to stand out was to go the orange route guess i could have left it white but i wanted it to stand out more then just white

Comment

If u have the extra bucks, .... why not!

Comment

I personally would lean more towards partial wraps or graphics like I've attached.

I agree with DUNBAR about West Coast's van.

I also personally would never put the word "FREE" anywhere in my advertising, but to each his own. I worked for a rooter company that advertised "No Extra Charge Nights and Weekends" but they were only open 7am to 9pm, not 24 hour. I want to expand also but not with a free-minded customer base. But that's not what this thread is about anyway, just my 2 cents.

Check out these vans.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                              Absolutely. Name branding is the way to go.

1 of my trucks is lettered, the 2nd one was wrapped, won 2nd place in a national digital art contest for vehicle wraps, and the third one I can't afford to wrap; $12,000.00 to do so.
                              $12,000? Big van, huh? How do you park that semi tractor trailer at the customers house?

Last time I priced a van wrap, they quoted $3200

Comment

Working...
                              X