X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEX/Yellow pages foul-up???

I renewed my one line ad from last year that brought me about 10 calls. Well anyway, because my company name begins with an "A" I had to wait for all the full page ads (8-10) then the AAAAA-guys, then me.

Today I got a copy and guess what? They printed the AAAA-guys first, then the "real" A's. THEY DID NOT PUT THE FULL PAGE ADS FIRST!!! They are second!

Literally, you open to plumbing and on the first page, near the middle is my one line ad! My one line ad will hopefully be seen before any of the other full page ads!

I cannot imagine this was the way they wanted it to print....if so, someone is out of a job.

Weird huh???

Re: DEX/Yellow pages foul-up???

Great for you eh?

I'm 42 pages deep under plumbing and our name starts with a B

Comment

The a's are printed first here before the display ads. except for a few in column displays.

http://www.realpageslive.com/WebProj...ngcontractors#

Most people looking at the yellow pages, (I think the number is 85%) look at the display ads first whether they appear before or after the in column listings.

People who are looking in column are looking because they either have a company in mind or they're hoping to find a smaller company that doesn't charge as much as the companies with big ads.

The idea with the in column ads is to get other companies customers attention while they are looking for the other company.

I used my initials A. L. Hebert to get at the top and find it does nothing for me. When I first started I was in column only. I might as well not even been there since it got zero response.

My current display ad gets response, just not enough.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

My trading name starts with A and was a waste of money but since I have included my web site I haven`t looked back as this is what a future client is looking for as they can check and see what types of plumbing you do before they phone the majority tell me they throw the yellow pages out and do all there enquiries on the net and this the future.
        Just ask yourself when you are looking in the yellow pages what are you looking for.?

Tony

Comment

Here's a yellow pages screw up:

There was an electrician's add here a couple years ago that said:

PHONE: <blank>

I ran into him and was giving him a hard time about it. He said when he called them, they actually said he still had to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by lmpg View Post

I ran into him and was giving him a hard time about it. He said when he called them, they actually said he still had to pay for it.
            no way that would hold up in court.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

The yellow pages out here printed out ad, but had another plumbers phone number in it. So they gave us a year free. Then one day we get a notice from them they are taking us to court cause we allegedly owe them $14,000 for that year that was free. They mail us a copy of the contract, and every where the sales rep wrote zero for the amount was scratched out and a dollar amount was written in its place. There was no initials and dates by the scratch out part on the contract. We are trying to explain it to the court that it is a spoiled contract. Thing is the Yellow page lawyers keep getting continences. And of course the Judge will not let us represent ourselves, said we had to hire a corporate lawyer. He says we have the case beat, just if the Judge will ever let it get to the hearing part is the question.
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

IIRC, the phone book co backed off making him pay after he threw a big enough fit. I don't think he had to get an attorny involved.

Any chance they'll be forced to pay your atty fees, seweratz?

Comment

IIRC, the phone book co backed off making him pay after he threw a big enough fit. I don't think he had to get an attorny involved.

Any chance they'll be forced to pay your atty fees, seweratz?
                  If we counter sue them I we can get them to pay. We feel they are feeling the hurt in the pocket from all the poor business decisions they started doing and pushing people away from their books. So they figured they go after others in unfair ways.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                  X