Which one?

Costs?

Worth it?

Do your customers prefer it?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Onsite Payment Processing

I use Power Pay.
    I Was set up with no monthly fees and then somehow let them talk me into getting a terminal @9.00 a month. I have since stopped with terminal as it's not worth it.

I now am back to no monthly fee, just per use fee's.
    Do NOT quote me on these fees, I rarely use the service 4 times in 2yrs maybe.

.50 per phone in transaction
    + percentage of the sale. I think 3%.

Not allowed to charge extra for credit card payment, but am allowed to offer discount for cash payment??? I don't quite understand that but I would be sure to mention it every time if customers used it more.
    In other words jack all prices up $10 and offer a $10 discount for cash or check pmt.

Usually payment is in my bank acct within 2-3 days.

You need to contact your bank to find the company they use. I guess you can't just pick a company out of the blue.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I use my laptop witch has quickbooks and i use there credit card system. I bought a card swiper for $40 and just bring my laptop in to customers house. They charge $10 a month and 1.9% per swipe. Works great now but when I get more trucks things will have to change. Paul
      Last edited by PlumbingParamedics; 05-21-2009, 03:22 PM.
      You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

I run all credit cards over the internet when i get back to the office. Or for a card i am not so sure on, and can call it in from my cell phone and see if it is approved or not.

Comment

Found this. Seems too $$$.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/gopay...nity:gopayment

J.C.

Comment

to me it looks like a nice thing, but i would not want to spend the money on it. I can run cards over my cell phone at no charge. I just call the 800 number and follow the prompts. If i was running 2-3 cards every day then i would check into somethng like that.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              Do you use onsite payment processing?

Which one?

Costs?

Worth it?

Do your customers prefer it?

Thanks.

J.C.
              I use North American Bancorp.

I got this machine free

They are ok.Fees are resonable
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

looking for a provider. called bancorp. how do you like them? any other that people like?

as i'm doing higher tickets people are finding it more annoying to write checks or have me hold or for me to bill them because they don't have the money after the fact. even if they approve the repair/service.
                the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

We got set up through our local bank (Firstmerit). Any bank can set you up, you just have to see the different plans they offer and pick the one that best fits your needs.
                  ________
                  Thc
                  Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:38 PM.
                  Mike

Comment

We set up thru our bank as well. See who they work with. I did this due to many complaints from others regarding being ripped off. Also, it is less likely that the bank will go with a scam company. There are so many out there, who can you trust? Its been two years and so far I do not have any complaints. Here is the high tech machine I use:
                    Attached Files

Comment

my bank charges fees that would make you laugh. i thought i'd have a heart attack. i think i might go through bankcorp. so far they have the best rates and the best customer service.
                      the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

i don't take credit cards as my customers can all afford my work. they just want the points for themselves. truthfully it's like handing out the old green stamps. for the youngsters, you don't know green stamps. it's another expense that can easily be eliminated. if they can't afford me, i really don't want to work for them. sorry.

checks or cash. 99% it's checks

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          i don't take credit cards as my customers can all afford my work. they just want the points for themselves. truthfully it's like handing out the old green stamps. for the youngsters, you don't know green stamps. it's another expense that can easily be eliminated. if they can't afford me, i really don't want to work for them. sorry.

rick.
                          We were more of a Blue Chip Stamp family. That is where all of our Coleman camping supplies came from when I was a kid.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

rick.
                            Its amazing how much we have in common checks and cash are the only way to run a business and I don`t want to work for people that carn`t afford me but sometimes I do as I have a soft spot for the old who don`t have a lot of money I call it PR and I like looking in the mirror at night.

Tony

Comment

rick.
                              So for that $6500 sewer replacement, they will pay cash, or write a check?

Comment

Working...
                              X