Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Jobs from US Agencies with rebuilding of America

Hello everyone,
    I have been rather active in some other forums researching and posting all the different ways smaller contractors can get access to government contracts. It is brutal, and hopefully will get easier as time goes by. You guys interested in my findings? I think you will be surprised about how much intel I got organized. I will wait to see if a few people give a thumbs up on the topic since I am new here.
    Phil

Re: Getting Jobs from US Agencies with rebuilding of America

You can post a thread on your findings here. If your just looking for a way to drive traffic to your site then that aint cool. By all means if you have info to share that doesn't benefit you then go for it.

Josh

Comment

Thanks Josh,
      Not trying to drive traffic to my site, and not even sure how I would benefit by contractors visiting since I only care about local homeowners coming to my website to get jobs.

Anyway, I have been trying to navigate the different opportunities which seem huge, but it is also a rather complex maze to master.

I found on another thread that we need to start by visiting http://www.ccr.gov/Contractors.aspx.
      It looks like the place to go to get your company in the Federal Databases.

I went through the process to sign up Central Contractor Registration (CCR). It wasn’t too bad up to this point. A lot of reading that really is not needed. There are some pieces of information that some contractors may not have, and the CCR gives you links to get this extra information.

The major items needed are:
      DUNS # (D&B)
      Banking info (Routing #, Acct #, Contact info for bank)
      Recent tax return filed (Year)
      Five security questions to help identify you in the future
      You will have to look up your applicable SIC codes then input them (up to 20) that identify that type of business yopu are
      You will have to look up other codes for your company type
      Had to fill out what type of company S-Corp, LLC, C-Corp.

Will update on more when I have a moment, Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PMI View Post
        Hello everyone,
        I have been rather active in some other forums researching and posting all the different ways smaller contractors can get access to government contracts. It is brutal, and hopefully will get easier as time goes by. You guys interested in my findings? I think you will be surprised about how much intel I got organized. I will wait to see if a few people give a thumbs up on the topic since I am new here.
        Phil
        Aint gonna happen, I have been dealing with the government as a small contractor for about 30 years and they just keep finding new ways to screw with us. Insurance, Personnel, Training, Hazmat, Experience, Education, and even personal financial of the emplyees. Wade through all the BS and when a contract is up, it all starts again for the next one with no transferable history from past contracts.
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by PMI View Post
          The major items needed are:
          DUNS # (D&B)
          Banking info (Routing #, Acct #, Contact info for bank)
          Recent tax return filed (Year)
          Five security questions to help identify you in the future
          You will have to look up your applicable SIC codes then input them (up to 20) that identify that type of business yopu are
          You will have to look up other codes for your company type
          Had to fill out what type of company S-Corp, LLC, C-Corp.

Will update on more when I have a moment, Phil
          The last thing I am going to do is follow a link that who knows where it is going and enter my bank account info. Sorry but no Thank You

Comment

I guess Central Contractor Registration is legit after all.

I'll admit, I thought it seamed kind of fishy, especially since the site offers no way to contact an actual human or office, yet they want you to provide bank act #'s etc...

I found an old brochure today from the Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) . They are an agency(for lack of better words) that assists (free of charge) business's with the daunting task of doing work with the fed and state government.
            I have personally met face to face, my areas local counselor. They share an office with our local SBA although they are not affiliated with the SBA.

Anyway, the PTCA also provides a link to the CCR.

If you are interested in any of this I would start with getting into contact with your local PTCA counselor. http://www.aptac-us.org/new/ bottom of page.

Sorry to doubt you PMI, It turns out you had good intentions, but being a total stranger and providing a link that ask for bank acct #'s etc..seamed a bit fishy.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

We checked into this and I have to agree with PapaDan above. The amount of crap to wade through is pretty much intolerable. We spent over a year checking it out and trying to get in...just didn't work out for us. We even submitted a bid or two...only to find out it was awarded to someone at half the cost...there was no way in hell they could have done the work for the bid awarded...it was basically the cost of material ONLY...its all kinda fishy...I think they charge the hell out of the GOV for extras once they get a contract...I don't know how else they could do jobs worth tens or hundreds of thousands for the cost of the material.

Just took too many resources/man hours to try and figure out, just to see a bid awarded that made absolutely no sense. We gave up and stuck to what we know.

I'd love to hear how it pans out for you though...keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
              X