X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buy A Plumbing Company?

Just a couple of quick questions. Does the owner of the company have his/her name as the company name? Will you be changing the company name? How many of these phone numbers are numbers of the owner’s family and friends? How will the customers react to the new ownership?

Since there are no assets (those trucks barley qualify as assets) and the only value of this company seems to be the phone numbers, it sounds like you need to know more about the owner’s relationship with the customers.

Local services are all about relationships and I would bet that half of those phone numbers will be useless because of the change of ownership.

Comment

Re: Buy A Plumbing Company?

Originally posted by AlBorland View Post
      Just a couple of quick questions. Does the owner of the company have his/her name as the company name? Will you be changing the company name? How many of these phone numbers are numbers of the owner’s family and friends? How will the customers react to the new ownership?

Since there are no assets (those trucks barley qualify as assets) and the only value of this company seems to be the phone numbers, it sounds like you need to know more about the owner’s relationship with the customers.

Local services are all about relationships and I would bet that half of those phone numbers will be useless because of the change of ownership.
      I agree. The new phonebook came out with only his full name listed in the listings. His company wasn't listed at all.

I offered 1,500.00 for the phone numbers. He turned it down and I'm fine with it.

There are some companies around here that I would go to any lengths to acquire, but this ain't one of them and the others aren't for sale.
      (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Working...
      X