small market + tight economy = fantastic TV rates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small market + tight economy = fantastic TV rates

i just signed a contract with the local ABC affiliate (only station to have an on air signal as well as cable presence) to get 4 spots a day, 5 days a week, in local news and prime time for $300/month for a 2 month contract. plus a 2-3 minute news segment on my company in the local news. gotta find a hook so i'm thinking about "don't use chemicals - call ME"

that's 20 spots a week @ less than $4.00 a spot. if i get two 1 hour jobs a month i'm ahead of the game. my money says i'll do better than the 2 gigs a month. ca ching!!!

god i love a small market

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: small market + tight economy = fantastic TV rates

Well helleo niebor...looked to see where you lived and surprised it was STX.

Comment

i misinterpreted the contract. it actually reads GMA (big down here), AMC (bigger), News Ch8 (massive here) and the 11PM and 6:30 AM repeats, plus 1in prime time ROS. that actually is 6 spots a day.

this would not be possible in a larger market and i would not get the coverage

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

can i make a cameo when i arrive

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          can i make a cameo when i arrive

rick.
          sure. rick do you dive? we may be looking for a lion fish using a SeeSnake camera

steve

Comment

I was recently approached about this by a timewarner rep. But after seeing your deal that you got (although different market)....timewarner will have to up the ante just a bit to get my business.

But again, thats a smoking deal in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
            X