Business card on golf score card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business card on golf score card

I have been offered to be the only plumber on a local golf courses score card.

It would be my business card on the score card with only 12 other local companys such as computer repair, painting, hearing aids, real estate, and that kind of stuff. I would be the only plumber. They tell me that the course gets about 80,000 golfers a year. The cost is $375.00 for 1 year (Aug09-Aug10). Do you think it is worth it?? Do people really read them, I am leaning towards giving it a try. What are your thoughts

Re: Business card on golf score card

I would try it....that is cheap advertising. Three calls and it should be worth it.

Comment

heck yes!! very inexpensive advertising!! even if you don't get a direct call sometimes these things keep you name in memory and when your services are needed a response is triggered and they go looking for you.

i'd do it in a heartbeat

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I'm surprised they don't sell space on the golf carts.
        "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

i would do it. most golfer aren't broke, at least until they get to pro shop. your from michigan so your good for 6 or seven months. that is less than 1/2 of one cent apiece. pretty tough to beat. breid

Comment

I get those sales calls about 3 times a month. Usually, its some outfit in Florida representing a local public course. Public being a fraction of the price of a private club.

My local country club doesn't have ads on the card and that's where the real money is. I even offered to get the cards printed if I could own the back cover.....they didn't go for it, yet.

I tried to park a plumbing truck in the parking lot, but caught all sorts of grief. The problem with this club is that they all are business owners of some sort, so everyone is a hustler...

You can try it, but always think about who reads the ad.
            (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

I try to play golf once a week at least. Sometimes it's three times. If I had it my way it would be every day.

Anyway,,,, I don't remember even one ad on a score card, do you?

It might be OK for brand recognition but I don't think an ad on a score card would bring in work by itself.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Im glad to hear all of your thoughts on this!

Comment

I think it would help with name recognition. They might not remember until they go through the phone book looking for a plumber, then they call you because they have seen the name.

Comment

I do think it’s a little strange that 12 companies will be on a scorecard, it seems like way to many. But if it is legit, for 80,000 potential views, that is very cheap. How much does the average contractor waste on yellow pages ads? And how many views do those ads receive? Probably less than 1,000.

If I were you, I would offer $500-1,000 to be placed on the front of the score card.

Comment

Originally posted by AlBorland View Post
                      I do think it’s a little strange that 12 companies will be on a scorecard, it seems like way to many. But if it is legit, for 80,000 potential views, that is very cheap. How much does the average contractor waste on yellow pages ads? And how many views do those ads receive? Probably less than 1,000.

If I were you, I would offer $500-1,000 to be placed on the front of the score card.
                      That's true. Yellow pages is one out of 6 ways we advertise. The y.p. prices have gotten real cheap. In one book, we have 1-1/2 pages for 450.00/month. Another is 250.00/month for a 1/2 page.

Three lesser books offered free full page ads, which we declined because 5 books in a real small county is too much and weakens the real books.

All ads are always negotiable, but right now is the best I ever seen.

I would physically look at the golf cards. Too many ads is worthless.
                      (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Working...
                      X