X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyer markiting

We always been passing out fliers as long as I can remember. My sister, brother and mother used to go out to different parts of the city and pass out 1000's of fliers each in a day. It has been a little while since we blanketed an area like that, but we still put out fliers here and there.

For example right after we finish a job we will post a flier on each house next to the job. Well last year the print shop we used to make our fliers has went out of business. So I fired up Micro$oft Publisher and made our own. My father has passed out over 700 of these the other day. We picked up 4 calls sadly 2 of them where out of work plumbers looking for work.

Well the point of the post is I like you all to have a look at the flier and tell me your thoughts. Be honest, I want to make the best flier I can. Thanks in advance for any of your replies. On the back of the Flier it states to give this to the plumber to receive $30.00 off the service call (not valid with any other offer)
    Attached Files
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Re: Flyer markiting

I like it. Gets right to the point. I too, get calls from out of work plumbers.

Comment

I would put the coupon on the front in case they dont make it to the back or dont realize there is a back.

I did a postcard mailer w/ coupon last year. 500 postcards got 1 hit about 6 months later.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Hi Ron.

I would recommend just changing one thing,

I would add your real picture OR a picture of your trucks to that instead of the basic icon you have there on the bottom. It will give a more "personal" touch that many companies do not offer these days,

Just my thoughts ,

Joseph
        Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
        New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
          I would put the coupon on the front in case they dont make it to the back or dont realize there is a back.

I did a postcard mailer w/ coupon last year. 500 postcards got 1 hit about 6 months later.
          We trifold the fliers where the coupon part shows just under the name. I never had luck with mailers, but with the fliers we get a few calls off them a month through out the year. I have one of them Xerox Free Color printers where its free as long as I print 1200 documents a month. Well I print 600 pages double sided so thats 1200 pages in all. And the fliers fit two per page so out of the 600 pages I end up with 1200 fliers.

The way you see it in graphics is exactly the way you see it on paper.
          Hi Ron.

I would recommend just changing one thing,

I would add your real picture OR a picture of your trucks to that instead of the basic icon you have there on the bottom. It will give a more "personal" touch that many companies do not offer these days,

Just my thoughts ,

Joseph
          That is a good idea. I will have to dig through and find something fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            We trifold the fliers where the coupon part shows just under the name. I never had luck with mailers, but with the fliers we get a few calls off them a month through out the year. I have one of them Xerox Free Color printers where its free as long as I print 1200 documents a month. Well I print 600 pages double sided so thats 1200 pages in all. And the fliers fit two per page so out of the 600 pages I end up with 1200 fliers.

The way you see it in graphics is exactly the way you see it on paper.

That is a good idea. I will have to dig through and find something fitting.

Exactly., show off your equipment etc

Serviceguy does a nice job of this on his website:

Reliance Sewer & Drain
            http://www.reliancesewer.com/

That's the way to do it, if you ask me, It shows the customer who you are etc, many customers like that these days.
            Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
            New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

That is one sweet looking website. I just updated a few things on my website's front page. I had a few customers didn't realize the icon I had that said web discounts is where they needed to click so I reworded the graphic. Since I did that the traffic on my coupon page has doubled in one nights time.

Comment

I actually spent today handing out fliers for the company I work for. Its kind of targeted marketing, I hit rental companies, restaraunts, hotels, and even the Housing authority for the city.
                For us, it's not that we don't have enough service work to keep us busy, but I'd like to add a 3rd service tech in the near future, and we need the business brought in before we can do that.
                We're just getting so many applicants right now, and a lot of them are very experienced, and seem like good people to bring in, so we don't want to miss out on an opportunity to let our business grow.
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                  I actually spent today handing out fliers for the company I work for. Its kind of targeted marketing, I hit rental companies, restaraunts, hotels, and even the Housing authority for the city.
                  For us, it's not that we don't have enough service work to keep us busy, but I'd like to add a 3rd service tech in the near future, and we need the business brought in before we can do that.
                  We're just getting so many applicants right now, and a lot of them are very experienced, and seem like good people to bring in, so we don't want to miss out on an opportunity to let our business grow.
                  My father has been going to resarants and office buildings and personaly handing the people in charge the flier, and talking with them as well.

Well I changed the photo of the running man to the one of my daughter jetting the sewer.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Well I changed the photo of the running man to the one of my daughter jetting the sewer.

just remember ron, i have no mercy for my competition at the round up

if she's going to compete, she's going to have to get dirty

maybe ridgid will have a womens division so i don't have to beat up on joey either

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

just remember ron, i have no mercy for my competition at the round up

if she's going to compete, she's going to have to get dirty

maybe ridgid will have a womens division so i don't have to beat up on joey either

rick.
                      Sadly she wont be at the round up. She will be in school them days. But she did learn from the best

Comment

Sadly she wont be at the round up. She will be in school them days. But she did learn from the best

Oh really, Rick I didn't know you went to Illinois.....

Comment

I am not really a big fan of flyers. I am changing the way I think about them after reading all the posts. Seems like Something I could do in my spear time and would be a cost effective marketing idea. I think I will put one together and see what happens

Comment

Ok here is the updated flier. My dad prefers the red banner over the blue.

Attached Files
                            Last edited by SewerRatz; 08-04-2009, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I think it looks great the pictures really help to bring the point across on what your offering.

Comment

Working...
                              X