Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you left something unplugged on a job site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you left something unplugged on a job site?

Have I?

Of course!

Just as recent as tonight! Left a washing machine unplugged but it's a good thing I did...it was operating when I shut the water off, and that would not of been good on the machine.

So it kinda was a valued move until the call came in tonight. Whoever unplugged the trouble light from the wall had to see the unplugged washing machine, had to.

30 years ago me and my friend was in his basement, we needed electric for our radio...

know where this is going?

Accidentally unplugged a freezer full of meat, was found a week and a half later. $300 worth of meat in 1978...think about how much meat that was and the fury....

My friend's dad was so furious. Like he lost a car or first born when he found that freezer unthawed....damn.

Tell us your stories of unplugging something, only to find out how it came back to haunt.
    Of course, but this isn't judge judy fool! I'm not tellin!
    66.67%
    Yes. Lost plenty of meat and poultry products, burritos.
    0.00%
    I have but have always blamed someone else because it's funny as hell!
    22.22%
    No but I'm sure my old age has protected me from the truth
    11.11%
    I'm in denial so you'll never get a straight answer, online or in person.
    0.00%
    I'm unplugging the internet right now! Stop it with the nonsense!
    0.00%
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Have you left something unplugged on a job site?

A freezer full of venison, more water softeners than I can count, a few washing machines, a sump pump, and a couple of well pumps. I really gotta slow down and quit being in such a rush to get to the next job.
    Once you become a pickle you can't go back to being a cucumber.

Comment

i have forgotten to turn the water back on more times than I have forgotten to plug something back in though

Comment

about 10 yrs. ago i bought a freezer full of food. last week i forgot to plug in a garage door opener, homeowner was wondering how me cleaning the drain could cause her door not to open? WHOOPS!

Comment

A guy that i worked with acouple years ago cabled out a laundry discharge line and forgot to put the hose back in the drain....The owner that lived on the 9th floor did laundry that night and flooded out her, and 2 stories beneath her out....Needless to say that guy doesnt work here anymore.
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Customer: "ever since you were here and shut water off, our soda doesn't have any bubbles."

Me: "Ummm, plug in all the carbonators that I forgot to plug in ."

"and check your ice machine. I doubt I turned that back on, either."

Comment

I'm never unplugging a freezer again!

I sometimes unplug them but would always rather have an alternative as I feel like I have the OCD when it comes to freezers and sump pumps.

I usually clean up my work area and check the plug. Once everything is cleaned up and in the van I do one more final tool check (I'm notorious for leaving tools behind) during the tool check I again check the plug.

I write the bill, give it to the HO, and often end up checking one more time just to make sure.

Even after all that I drive off into the sunset wondering if I actually plugged the unit back in.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                I'm never unplugging a freezer again!

I sometimes unplug them but would always rather have an alternative as I feel like I have the OCD when it comes to freezers and sump pumps.

I usually clean up my work area and check the plug. Once everything is cleaned up and in the van I do one more final tool check (I'm notorious for leaving tools behind) during the tool check I again check the plug.

I write the bill, give it to the HO, and often end up checking one more time just to make sure.

Even after all that I drive off into the sunset wondering if I actually plugged the unit back in.
                I'm so forgetful I try to find an empty outlet. I just left my second place ridgid fleece on a job about 20 miles away. That was today!!! When I set it down I told myself "it's cold enough that the cold will remind you to remember it" I was cold and at another job when I remembered it. Oh and the tools I've lost!!!!!! So the answer is heck yes I've forgot to plug things in.

Comment

no but i cant tell you how many times i should have unplugged my equipment and ran away from some of these painnnnnnnnnn in the rear customers but didn't, money sure is a powerful motivator
                  Last edited by aero1; 10-16-2009, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Ahh the truth serum is working on everyone!

It's a hard thing to admit, but it happens more than we know.

It's like leaving tools behind or that curiousity question that'll kill ya
                    over time thinking, did I remember to do that?
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Guilty of unplugging freezers and sump pumps

I'm known more for turning on a inside valve to a hosebibb in the middle of winter to flush out a drain then not winterizing it again

Comment

I have forgotten to turn the water back on. one time i forget to turn a valve off when turning the house pump's back on

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                          i have forgotten to turn the water back on more times than I have forgotten to plug something back in though
                          Yes Ma'am, I fixed the leak, look right there, no drip! LMAO
                          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I am a contractor and we move a client's refrigerator from their kitchen to their garage. We started to work like any other day and we didn't notice that we haven't plugged their refrigerator back until it was leaking on the floor. nashville odor removal

Comment

Working...
                            X