X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work in Los Angeles County?

Hey, I see lots of bank-owned houses down there and I know--feel it--that there are opportunities to be had for a lean and mean plumbing contractor.

If you don't want me come down there in person, tell me now what's it really like in the area from Aqua Dulce to Lancaster....the 14 Corridor, I guess.

Pleeeeaaaasssse?
    (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Re: Work in Los Angeles County?

A bus pulls up.Twenty jibbering non english speaking individuals pile out.
    Si-Si Contractors do it all.Even paint the lawn Green(NO KIDDING).
    Three days later the bus pulls away with the house on the market.

Sure,come on down if you think you can afford a $3,000 a month mortgage on $20-$25 an hour.

I do have an investor that wants me to (be a part of) three flips for him and his/our buddies

Now if you were to be coming down here with a Half Million liquid cash to buy at auction you would start making money.

Comment

Thanks for responding, drty.

The Antelope Valley area I'm interested in....are there many vacancies? The attached pic is what I grabbed tonight from a foreclosure site.

Are these homes vacant?
      Attached Files

Comment

the area you're referring to is much closer to marks stomping grounds.

what i can tell you is that there might be a good deal with all the foreclosed homes in the area. i doubt that the wages you want will be had there.

i know a painter that is as good as it gets. he travels to santa monica everyday to make a living. that's a good 60 miles each way

before you commit, you better know the real cost of living here

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          the area you're referring to is much closer to marks stomping grounds.

what i can tell you is that there might be a good deal with all the foreclosed homes in the area. i doubt that the wages you want will be had there.

i know a painter that is as good as it gets. he travels to santa monica everyday to make a living. that's a good 60 miles each way

before you commit, you better know the real cost of living here

rick.
          I haven't had a real wage in 20 years....I'm looking at that area for opportunities.

Mark, as in the Birthday Boy, Bionic Man, Gone Fishin', Mark? Mark? You out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post

Mark, as in the Birthday Boy, Bionic Man, Gone Fishin', Mark? Mark? You out there?
            He's driving to Reno, NV right now.
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

It's all in the timing. I just arrived at my hotel in Sparks, Nevada and read your post. There are a ton of foreclosures in both Plamdale and Lancaster. Of course it was like that 5-years ago so the economy just made it worse. There are also a lot of plumbers out there but there is always room for another good one. My youngest son Jon lives in Leona Valley and on the way out there a developer is building a massive track but I don't know who will buy them. He is also the CHP Officer who patrols the 14 from Red Rover Mine to Avenue I so if you relocate I will put you in touch with him.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                He's driving to Reno, NV right now.
                No he's not

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  It's all in the timing. I just arrived at my hotel in Sparks, Nevada and read your post. There are a ton of foreclosures in both Plamdale and Lancaster. Of course it was like that 5-years ago so the economy just made it worse. There are also a lot of plumbers out there but there is always room for another good one. My youngest son Jon lives in Leona Valley and on the way out there a developer is building a massive track but I don't know who will buy them. He is also the CHP Officer who patrols the 14 from Red Rover Mine to Avenue I so if you relocate I will put you in touch with him.

Mark
                  That pic I posted---are those homes vacant? For sale? What is happening to the actual houses? Is your son bike-friendly?

Comment

Yes once they are banked owned they are vacant and for sale. Jon is very bike friendly as long as you are not a young kid on a sports bike who is screwing around. Jon has a limited edition first year Victory Cruiser and my Victory Hammer that he rides.

Mark
                    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 10-25-2009, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      Yes once they are banked owned they are vacant. Jon is very bike friendly as long as you are not a young kid on a sports bike who is screwing around. Jon has a limited edition first year Victory Cruiser and my Victory Hammer that he rides.

Mark
                      The foreclosure map shows a similar condition right to the College of the Canyons---lots and lots of bank-owned and auction houses. These are all vacant, correct?

Wow, if I lived down there, I could ride your Victory? I'd bring it right back...

(wife is threatening to unplug the p.c.---hey it beats being at the bar, right?)

Comment

Yes I live in the Santa Clarita Valley where COC is located but to the east end (off the 14). A bank owned home is much easier to buy than a short sale. I spent 6-months waiting for replies on a short sale in Las Vegas then 3-days on a Bank Owned home.

Mark
                        Last edited by ToUtahNow; 10-26-2009, 12:02 AM.

Comment

This was a post in the local craigslist. Just depressing. I'm working on getting my license but this guy and probably many more don't even care.

I've done some plumbing work for some plumbing companies so I'm pretty good, even though I didn't take the time to go to school for a plumbing license. I might not have the credentials but I'm really cheap to hire. I might not have the insurance (can't since I don't have a license) but I sure am cheap to hire, I might not be bonded (can't cause I don't have a license) but I'm really cheap to hire. Yah sure you can't look me up on the BBB and see if I have any complaints, again, I don't have the proper license, but I'm really cheap to hire. So maybe you can't go after my license if I'm not really very good, but, I'm really cheap to hire! Ok yah you might not be able to go after me in court since you really should cover your self by hiring licensed professionals but hey, I'm really cheap to hire!
                          You may notice some of the other guys saying they are licensed, but don't actually list their license number at the bottom of the page, that's so you can't look them up and see complaints, or see that they are offering work out of their license field, but you WON'T have that problem with me, NO license!

Yah those licensed guys are jealous of my prices, never mind that if you find someone licensed working for them selves it's no more expensive then hiring me, just hire me instead, you won't regret it!!!!

Unclog drains
                          Water heaters, to code?
                          Garbage disposals
                          Those Tankless things
                          faucet install
                          toilet install
                          other plumbing stuff

Hey, I do ELECTRICAL too!
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I gotta' cure for that m'fer.

Call him up B and have him dig an 8 foot deep hole everyday. Just randomly. Put him under contract with a non-compete. He's apparently so stupid he'd probably go for the "guaranteed money".

While he's busy with that, you go get the work at the correct rate.

J.C.

Comment

Our Craigslist is scab-free. Any time a unlicensed bozo tries to advertise, the licensing board gets hundreds of e-mails. The ad disappears in a few days.

Once in a while, the bozo will post his phone number. Got any idea how easy a number is traced?

I may head down to SC to see for myself. There's money in those empty houses, I can feel it.

Comment

Working...
                              X