Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ||||>>>>Social Media Revolution<<<<||||

Watch this entire video, and believe it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVXKI506w-E

Something so big, so powerful is part of the equation above. I believe in the format of facebook mainly because of the mathmatical equation that brings my content to you in a 1:4 ratio. I have a network of plumbing companies, companies associated with the plumbing profession just because I chained two words together, that's it. I'm not even harnessing the potential of it. I'm just waiting to get enough to join so when I "do" bring on the information highway I want as many eyes to the equation as possible.

How else could I of otherwise communicated with so many plumbing companies, companies associated with the trade on one platform?

Those who don't understand the above...I cannot begin to tell you how much harnessed power that can work for a product, what you're trying to develop.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: ||||&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Social Media Revolution&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;||||

Anyone else have an ad that runs locally on Facebook?
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
      Anyone else have an ad that runs locally on Facebook?

No, but I've seriously considered it, and given the way it can target your geography so well amoung peers is pretty darn impressive.

I'd like to know the social "status" of the majority of facebook users. At first I heard it was for college students primarily, then somehow I got in.

I priced out some advertising on there and actually seemed pretty good. I would definitely try it next year on one of my ideas, just to track how well it networks to bookmarks of my site.

Comment

I don't know how anyone can pass it up, when the ad is free unless someone clicks on your ad directing them to your website. With the capability to change it to fit the geographic and demographics of your choice it seems like a very cost effective advertising solution. Plus the capability to limit the daily expense and ability to suspend and resume your ad at any time is a big plus.

Comment

Loved the music nothing else my plumbing business is regional not world wide.

Tony

Comment

Does any one have a "facebook or Myspace add"?

Does it work?

Comment

Facebook, 3 ads been running within a 10 mile radius from my small town to everyone over 25. Facebook shows 14,000 registered users who fit those requirements. Anyways, been on since Sunday morning, and so far over 29,000 impressions and 4 people who have clicked the ad, costing me $1.85, 0 calls so far, but not too bad

Comment

Keep us informed on how it works out. I'm assuming impressions are your ads showed up on a web page somewhere on someone's computer, right?

Comment

I definitely don't know everything. But I did not learn much from the video.

No real surprises there. I get the feeling that some are trying to figure out how to take a capitalistic "advantage" to this "media revolution".

I don't know how you can but am willing to learn.

One of the problems I see with media revolution is that people are always looking for the next thing. Facebook doesn't really seem that different than MySpace to me.

But it became open to all and "newer" so Facebooks interest increases while MySpaces declines last I read.

What will be next that will cause the same thing to happen to Facebook? I don't know. I personally think Twitter is dead next for the masses.

And if all companies are on Facebook, who has gained any advantage?

You still always have to have a traditional foundation to "drive" your customers to any website related to your business. Without that, noone will ever find your website or Facebook page.

And I don't know about you guys/gals, but I'm at the point my brain is almost trained to block out any ads on pages I'm at. Don't even notice them. And when they attempt their computer tricks to GET me to notice them, those are the ones I will NEVER use because they have irritated me.

J.C.

Comment

Gotta run with the horses man!

It does not matter what lives or dies, goes strong or slowly grows; you have to be in the mix and become part of what is fast and growing.

Take this forum for example:

This is the forum that Josh built. It has all the makings of marketing/production/testing grounds of new products/troubleshooting/discussion about older products/complaints/up and coming technology and the "family" take.

For the most part, there's a group here that are pretty close to a group of people that stick together and interact together. The kind that have been here for years, will be here for years no matter how many users come and go. That's the solid member base that makes the page build work its magic. Circulating content that has human interaction along the way, rhymes with bidet.

But remember 15 years ago? Many if not ALL product mfgs. didn't have the ability to get online to their forum, talk about their product, even discuss with other owners of the same product. This is new ground and we already take it for granted.

15 years ago you had your interaction with a random sighting of your product rep at a supply house, not much more.

This forum is part of the Social Media Revolution. Any time I see that Ridgid logo to my eyes whether I'm at facebook, here, home depot, friend's garage, tv, twitter/youtube....

That's the design any product needs to survive and keep it out in the vision of many.

This is why PEPSI and COKE have to spend 100's of millions a year for their products. Why? Power of suggestion. Making sure you know you're thirsty, soon, and they want your next reach of the beverage to be theirs.

We all know those two products exist...but the right timing and a dry mouth can change which one hits the lips next.

That video just nicks the tip of the iceberg of what's going on in internet land.

Have you seen how many forums exist online at this point? Just pick a word....anything, concrete/fish/talk shows/society/cheese...there's a forum out there for anyone who wants to join or read.

These are people we have never met and they are coming together and communicating about topics discussed...something the world couldn't do until the internet came along.

Amazing I can type this response so quickly and send packets of data and show up globally for all to see.

We got something that is more powerful than gasoline is to the engine, seriously.
                    Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 11-04-2009, 02:33 AM.

Comment

I gotta agree with you. I really don't care if no one clicks on my Facebook ad, ever. In fact, I would prefer they didn't as everytime some does it cost me money. Just the name recognition is fine. And yes, the ads have appeared on almost 31,000 pages in 4 days with only 14,000 registered users.

Comment

As far as Facebook is concerned....all you have to do is be friends with someone, it can multiply from there. Especially if someone has something nice to say.

Comment

Working...
                        X