Mobile Email?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Email?

Do any of you use Email on a mobile device? Phone? Palm?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Mobile Email?

Blackberry Storm
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

iPhone

oh, and does my laptop count as a mobile device?

Comment

Just bought the Motorola DROID. Pushes all my email accounts to me. Has 3 keyboards built in to respond with.

Comment

I use a blackberry storm, and I have it pull the e-mails from the company website so I can respond quickly.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          Ron's Facebook
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I Have used E-Mail to and from my cell-phone, ie 3G system.
            Particularly usefull when making stuff for Off-Shore customers, as they aren't allways allowed to use cell-phones, so E-Mail, here & now from my workshop, can be good.
            The real toy is Video-Call, as I can call the customer up, open the main camera on my cell, and show & discuss details, as if the customer was standing next to me!

Comment

Do any of you bill with your phone yet?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Blackberry Curve
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Ok, a majority % thus far favor Blackberry products. Any reasons why?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

Thanks.

J.C.
                    Blackberry Storm

Blackberry is the preferred phone for all people needing to do business. Email services can't be beat. If you are looking for a phone that can play games and can be purchased at Walmart go with the iPhone.
                    Help me make Wishes Come True!
                    Support the Make-A-Wish Foundation

Comment

I have a blackberry curve right now. Switching to an HTC Hero this week. I'll be able to use all the same features I do on my blackberry. Email, gps, websurf, credit card payments. but with a slightly nicer screen, a better camera, and really, a better service plan all around.
                      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Sprint unlimited plan using a HTC Touch Pro for the past 6 months (having switched from NexTel after 5 years).

As MoJourneyman said the SmartPhone has great features including mobile Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), GPS, touch screen, camera, SMS, BlueTooth, WiFi, push mail, a full QWERTY keyboard plus the virtual KB on the screen.etc.

It's available with slightly different skin from all the major carriers (Venizon, Sprint, AT&T for sure).

Not as rugged as the Motorola NexTel phones like the i355 I had been using, but I am not in the trenches much so that is not as big an issue for me as it used to be. I miss the PTT on NexTel as times. Before I switched from NexTel I tried the new Blackberry for NexTel w/PTT but it wasn't ready for prime time. I got out of the contract and went to Sprint.

http://www.htc.com/www/product/touchpro/overview.html

Last edited by Bob D.; 12-27-2009, 05:58 AM.
                        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Blackberry Tour, reason for this phone is my fat fingers can push the right keys seeing that they are raised a little. Just got the droid phone for my youngest son, it does everything but on a jobsite I would say its life would be limited.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

Thanks.

J.C.

Blackberry's where designed for the business user they can sync with outlook for your calendar and email. You can transfer documents with attachments on certain devices. I started using the Blackberry Pearl when they first came out and then moved to the Blackberry Curve. I have recently moved away from blackberry's (other than my company Blackberry), not that I don't like them because I do but I like my Envy Touch it's a good phone and runs a lot faster you do need a memory card but I have GPS for when I travel and 3G internet that downloads quicker than the other providers that I have used. It is a comparable device to the Iphone with out all the strings attached. I use it for personal use as well as business and it has served me well so far.

Last edited by DanLawrence; 12-30-2009, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Blackberry Curve 8330 but I plan on going to an HTC if I can get an Otterbox cover for it

The blackberry trackball can be a PITA!

Comment

Working...
                              X