X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sick of the question

the bank is telling me to take a check card over a check since I would be able to see if it goes thru insted of getting bad checks Since most of my call will be for the frist time.

Comment

Re: sick of the question

I do not mind clients that ask what we charge. I do not give prices over the phone.Instead I ask questions and have the client answer them and that normally justifies the reason whyw e do not give price over the phone.We do have a service charge however I rarely ask or charge for the service charge. I am that confident that I will get the job.Out of 70 clients that I see a month I may lose 2-3 and as far as I am concerned those 2-3 the competition can have.

I must remember the client is after information and that information is what I am trained to do. I can diagnose over the phone but why would I give this advice that can be used to gain information from my competition and a lower price.

The other day I was at a client's home and while I was there my competition called and gave a price for a water heater over the phone. What was not known a cracked plastic pan,ecu lines and a tempering valve that was corroded, no mention of breaker size for the proper element size and a failing gate valve. The client won with me and I won.Based on a price over the phone I would have lost the sale.I would rather spend time with a face to face meeting and lose the job then not attempt to help the client.95% of the time I will get the job

Comment

Working...
      X