Install for Lowes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install for Lowes

Does anyone do installs for Lowes or HD? I got a call from Lowes this week. They wanted me to do water heater installs. I turned it down.
    Give me your input.

Re: Install for Lowes

what was your reason for turning it down, if I might ask?

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
      what was your reason for turning it down, if I might ask?
      Bad timing. I have other priorities at the moment.

Comment

I did a dozen or so kitchen finishes for Home depot. Every one was dreadfull!! Very Disorganized! Plus they were on a net 60 payment plan. Needless to say i only did a dozen or so.

Comment

we do installs for lowes. they pay is pretty low on most things. but it get us in the door to put our sticker on the equipment. That said, we skip the monthly mandatory meetings, Don't follow any of their long list of rules. and have a general disregard for them. so far it has worked well.
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Go for it if you like working nights and weekends. You get your $150 from Lowes to pick up the tank from the store deliver, install and dispose of the old one which is most of the time done after hours or on the weekend.
            ________
            RANGER EV
            Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 04:40 PM.
            Mike

Comment

They can't pay much with the prices they charge homeowners.

Comment

Originally posted by BobKbta View Post
                They can't pay much with the prices they charge homeowners.
                They charge right around the going rate in our area. Most people buy from them because of the fact they can put it on their charge card.
                ________
                FERRARI 625 SPECIFICATIONS
                Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 04:42 PM.
                Mike

Comment

Originally posted by TOPDAWG View Post
                  Go for it if you like working nights and weekends. You get your $150 from Lowes to pick up the tank from the store deliver, install and dispose of the old one which is most of the time done after hours or on the weekend.

That's a really hard way to make money, knowing the time involved in your statement. But, it's money.

I tend to trail the $300 and above mark, constituting solely for time.

If someone from the big box stores want to beat my price, it's theirs for the taking.

My body (health) will last longer as a result of it.

Water Heaters have to be considered difficult in so many ways. You'd think I'd jump on that tankless bandwagon just because I can carry it in without feeling parts of me rupture.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

We used to install for DIY years ago and it seemed every call we got was after hours and weekends they set up the time of installation and they only paid $90. The worst part was 1 out of 3 tanks were leakers so you had to drive back grab another tank and you got paid if i remember right an extra $25 to replace it. Needless to say we didn't install for DIY to awfully long.
                    ________
                    VX 800
                    Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 04:43 PM.
                    Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X