X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side work?

How does everyone handle employees performing side work??

Re: side work?

Originally posted by Plum4U View Post
    How does everyone handle employees performing side work??
    It depends on whether they hide it from me or ask permission.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

One of our guys did a side job for a customer and really botched it up.Boss kept getting calls about it then ended up sending me over to fix it.The kid who messed it up was sent first and wanted to know who was going to pay him for his time lol had to explain how he had already been paid.

Comment

Originally posted by IamVince View Post
        One of our guys did a side job for a customer and really botched it up.Boss kept getting calls about it then ended up sending me over to fix it.The kid who messed it up was sent first and wanted to know who was going to pay him for his time lol had to explain how he had already been paid.
        That is very kind and patient of your company.Probably would've reprimanded him a little myself then laid down some ground rules.

Shoot we(everyone I know) all let employees buy on our account for their jobs if they talk to us first.
        Using the truck is unadvisable.

Comment

I had a couple guys use my trucks and materials to repipe one of my customers home. I fired both employees and refused to work for the customer again. I also had an employee who under bid a repipe by a bunch, then accepted a $500 tip from the owner. Again the employee was fired and I refused to service the customer.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Grandfather had a dumptruck. Caught the driver hauling loads for himself to customers between loads.

Put him in the road walking where he caught him. Before cell phones and all that employee rights B.S.

Had a pretty good walk....

J.C.

Comment

If a guy was stealing from me.Are you kidding?

Comment

I aways though that side work was for anyone other than your bosses customers. If your are stealing work it is just that stealing !

Comment

I think most of our guys do small side jobs. As a rule it is discouraged, because they are still representing our company, even though it is on their own time. If it's for family thats one thing, but running your own after hours business is a firing.
                  No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
                  X