X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual estimate

A few weeks ago I added a link to my website where potential customers could get a free online estimate within 24 hours just by describing their problem. Last week I got my first job where all of the communication was done entirely via email, including the estimate, approval, and scheduling. She said she chose our company because we were the only one to offer such a service. She said she was a busy woman and didn't have time to wait around for a contractor that might not show. Didn't know if any of you were doing anything similiar.
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Re: Virtual estimate

Do you require pictures? What if the job is not as describe, or it ends up taking much more than the description says?

I know how may ask questions on this forum, and how much info is many times left out on the first few posts,

just curious as how you work it out.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Re: Virtual estimate

Originally posted by BHD View Post
      Do you require pictures? What if the job is not as describe, or it ends up taking much more than the description says?

I know how may ask questions on this forum, and how much info is many times left out on the first few posts,

just curious as how you work it out.

She did not add any pictures but it was only for replacement of two outside frostless faucets and boiler drains at the washing machine. I did verify that my estimate was correct before starting. I even offered her two prices based on the quality of faucets she would like and she chose the higher quality frostless faucets. It would be senseless to try to do something like this with a remodel, but it works out good for the little stuff, and you can always amend your estimate when you show up if necessary. I guess it is the same as offering estimates over the phone.
      Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Working...
      X