Craigslist, Service magic and your Company website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist, Service magic and your Company website

Do any of you guys use any of these channels to get work and if so how much and from what source? I ask because I just launched my website http://www.bamfordplumbingandheating.com/ I am still learning how to do the search engine optimization with go daddy. I need to load a lot more pictures and info and thought waiting to launch it was just stupid. This morning we put a post in craigslist. But what is your experience with this stuff? If you do look at the site give me your input and don't be nice! and here is Craigslist https://accounts.craigslist.org/post...09268454&db=lv

Re: Craigslist, Service magic and your Company website

I use craigslist to get work. There are a ton of unlicensed handymen on there now so you get a lot of cheapskates calling but you just have to educate the customer on why you are charging what you are charging and not the $15 an hr handyman rate. If they call price shopping be straight up with them and give the your price if they want a cheap rate they will hang up if they dont then it might be a decent customer. Some of largest and best accounts came from craigslist so its not that bad.

Comment

By the way nice site . Did you make it yourself?

Comment

Yea I used the program that came with my laptop to make it. some thing is wrong with the "leak" page after you enter it you have to leave the site for some reason ? thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
          Yea I used the program that came with my laptop to make it. some thing is wrong with the "leak" page after you enter it you have to leave the site for some reason ? thanks for the info.
          Really? it didnt make me have to leave the site. I guess it depends on what Os you are running on your computer.

Comment

well thats good news! did you see that I have pricing on some of the pages I hope people will use them to shop me against other plumbers . I think they may be hard for some of the big flat rate companies to beat and drive some work my way.Or just make them feel dumb for paying over 145 to auger out a toilet.

Comment

run xp
              the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Oh yea I forgot today I got an email form this internet service that is like service magic and I will start getting leeds from them. the cost is $12 per leed with a 10 leed per week limit. I will start getting jobs from Lowe's towards the end of the week. I don't guys I should have done the side jobs when I was working from the old company.
                Last edited by Clipper City Plumber; 04-25-2010, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
                  run xp
                  Xp sucks linux is more reliable, you cant get viruses and its free.... You cant beat that. I run ubuntu 9.10 and I can do just about everything a xp computer can do. Did I also mention no viruses .

Comment

No problems so far with OS X 6.3 My uncle had the same mac for 15yrs and never got a virus and a friend of mine has used the same system as you with no problems. He actually uses it as a back up for windows !

Comment

Next computer "will" be a Mac. Once you go Mac, you never go back.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Well it is starting to work guys I got two jobs from the home fixers replaced a cast iron closet flange yesterday and opened up the customers drain and replaced the trap and got $365 and she set up for me to go back next thursday to do a ice maker valve and run aline to the ice maker . well I will fill you in on the rest later I am taking the K-60 in to clean floor drain at Kohl's now catch you later

Comment

Our company is on Google, which has links to ServiceMagic, which show my reviews, which gets me business whitout people going thru ServiceMagic.

Comment

how do you work that?

Comment

Do Some reading on Google ad words, there are ways to do it free with research and your time and another thing is to actually get your business listed on google maps. And also a free one line ad in yellow book.com
                              I actually pay google for ad words as I don't have the time to do it myself, you can set limits and even turn it on and off when you are too busy for other work.
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                              X